Ferrari F1 Suzuka Lap Record Challenge

Sebastalona

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, a wee challenge for Ferrari F10 owners to keep you occupied whilst PSN is down!

The F1 lap record for Suzuka is 1.31.540, by Kimi Raikkonen in his McLaren MP4-20 in 2005.

The challenge is to beat it!. Cracked 1.32 in 3 or 4 laps, but shaving off the last half second was tricky after that!

Racing Hards
Manual
No Assists

My lap time was 1.31.201 below:

Fastest time gets a Ferrari red Fiat 500 when PSN is back up and running!!:clap:

Last edited:
Nice idea.

Pretty sure I still have a ticket for an F1 car knocking about so I'll have a go if I get time later.

nice one Seb :thumbsup:

I was thinking myself that a time trial would be a good idea whilst psn is down so I flicked GT5 on earlier for to look at car/track combo's... but I ended up getting sidetracked creating crazy tracks in the course maker and driving them in my J-spec M3... great fun :rotfl:

I'll give this a go tonight... racing hards with no assists should be fun!

*edit: does this need to be in arcade mode or practice mode, or does it not matter?

Last edited:

I was thinking myself that a time trial would be a good idea whilst psn is down so I flicked GT5 on earlier for to look at car/track combo's... but I ended up getting sidetracked creating crazy tracks in the course maker and driving them in my J-spec M3... great fun :rotfl:

Cool mate:thumbsup:

It is very driveable even on the hards, you can get the power down a lot quicker than f1 2010 without any drama.

Not sure about the tyre squealing though!!!

*edit: does this need to be in arcade mode or practice mode, or does it not matter?

I'm not sure if it makes a difference mate, but I ran it in practice mode:smashin:

cool I'm in practice mode too.

I might have had a few too many ciders for this though... keep braking/turning in far too early and invalidating my laps!

You're right though it is very driveable on the hards

cool I'm in practice mode too.

I might have had a few too many ciders for this though... keep braking/turning in far too early and invalidating my laps!

You're right though it is very driveable on the hards

I got it out the way before I started tucking into my Stella's:laugh:

Pretty sweet lap that Seb, great to watch. You lost a few 10ths on the hairpin, you went ever so slightly wide. Otherwise that would have possibly been a 1.30??

Can't get anywhere near that time.

Good day to you sir.

I haven't got the F10 so I was hotlapping in my F2007 and found it very enjoyable - so much grip!!

I managed a 1:27.209 - makes me wonder whether these cars are evenly matched?

YouTube - suzuka F2007

Seb if you have the F2007 please have a go and see what you think?

Wow, great lap that Andy:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I won't get a chance to test the F2007 tonight. I was watching the 1st free practice for the Turkish GP. I fell asleep with my head resting propped up with with my hand. Woke up and my wrist is agony!! It feels like I have sprained my ligaments:(

Me and my fat head!!

I don't think I could have driven a much cleaner lap. Possible a few extra tenths like Mark mentioned, but not 4 seconds!!

Comparing the two vids, my cars maximum speed through 130R is 196 kph (flat out) and you were at 201 kph. You might have had a better run on approach though so hard to tell.

Will hopefully have a crack at it tomorrow if my wrist feels better!

Great drive though, looks ominous for the GT1's:D

Might have a go at this later, as it's raining outside and still no bloody PSN.

1.31.931 for me in the F1 2010.

That was with all default settings and no assists (no ABS)

Seb can you confirm if we can tune the car and use ABS please :smashin:

Annoyingly, My F1 2007 is set to online and that means i cant use it.

Last edited:
1.31.931 for me in the F1 2010.

That was with all default settings and no assists (no ABS)

Seb can you confirm if we can tune the car and use ABS please :smashin:

Annoyingly, My F1 2007 is set to online and that means i cant use it.

Hi Nick, I used default settings and no assists (no abs):smashin:

Thanks seb, I'll have another go now i know we're on a level playing field.

Thanks seb, I'll have another go now i know we're on a level playing field.

What's your thoughts on F10 v F2007? Do you reckon you can wring another 4 seconds out of it?

sorry guys I had abs on (didn't realise we classed that as an 'assist') so I'll have another go without :oops:

No one else having a go at this?

Well done Nick:thumbsup:

I will be once the kids have finished watching their Saturday night movie:thumbsup:

Any chance of a quick vid? Need to see where I'm losing time:D

I'll post a vid when i nail a lap, making too many careless mistakes atm.

Must have done 40 laps throughout the day already.

I'll try this at the weekend.
One thing to note though, is that the F1 2007 is definitely faster with slightly better handling than the F1 2010 model.

Maybe stick to the F1 2010?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom