1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferguson 33" CRT Error code 27

Discussion in 'TVs' started by BliarOut, May 24, 2005.

1. BliarOut

BliarOut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if anyone can help. My old 33" Ferguson CRT is partially dead. When you power it up, the single LED on the front flashes twice, then seven times. I believe this is error code 27. No picture or sound.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be and a likely idea of cost to fix? As my plasma is currently undergoing an insurance decision, I thought it might be worth fixing the Ferguson as a standby. Other than this problem it's been fine. It's about 5 years old and I don't know the model number at the moment.

Thanks for any advice.

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    It's probably a faulty Line Output Transformer......very common depending on chassis fitted.....so if you could give the model no I could be more precise :smashin:

3. BliarOut

BliarOut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's sat right next to me now....... It's an M8421U Type 631P/ICC17. If it's a faulty LOPT, is it a pricy job? I think I'll have to take it to the repair man I suspect as I know nowt about board level repairs.....

Unless of course someone has a picture of a finger pointing at the faulty bit... I do have my old solder sucker somewhere :D

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    I am 99.9% certain it will be the LOPT but not a D-I-Y job I'm afraid, depending on the type/make of crt (Tube) fitted other components will probably need replaced as well (they usually come with the lopt).
    These are fairly reliable models and worthwhile getting repaired typically £60-£90.
    Phone around some Service engineers for a quote.
    Good luck.

5. BliarOut

BliarOut

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that JayCee :smashin:

It's certainly still worth that kind of money to me. The local repairer is very fair on price and never had cause to grumble. As she sounds worth repairing I've just got the problem of getting the big mutha in the car.