Female vocals who do you like?

JSW

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'll go first:

Lisa Stansfield and Natalie Imbruglia :)

Aimee Mann, Sarah McLaughlin, Aimee Mann, Emmy Lou Harris, Aimme Mann, Steena Nordentrum, Aimme Mann, Jill Sobule, Aimee Man, Sam Brown, Aimme Mann, Shawn Colvin, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Shawn Colvin, Lucy Kaplanski, Shawn Colvin, Aimme Mann, Shawn Colvin

Um, in no particular order except that's how they came to me...

Enya; Blondie; The lead singer of cranberries; Alanis Morissette; the two female singers from fleetwood mac (doing well here!); tracy chapman; the corrs' female members; annie lenox.

Probaly a few more too...

Loads.

Sarah McLaughlin
Beth Nielsen Chapman
Tracy Chapman (no relation :p)
Norah Jones
Shawn Colvin
Gemma Hayes
Vanessa Carlton
Avril Lavigne
Natalie Imbruglia
J-Lo
P!nk
Dido
Michelle Branch
The Sundays
Portishead
Lauryn Hill
Eva Cassidy
All About Eve
Paula Cole
Heather Nova
Natalie Merchant
The Corrs
Macy Gray
Melanie C
Gabrielle
Lisa Loeb
Chantal Kreviazuk
Garbage
Beverly Craven
Lene Marlin
Morcheeba
Cranberries (before they went all cack)
Fleetwood Mac (when female vocals being sung)
Blondie
TLC

Hhhhmmmm I'm sure there's more I love but that'll do :D :D

Shania Twain, Joni Mitchell, Kate & Anna McGarrigle, Stevie Nicks, Linda Ronstadt, Kate Bush, Siouxsie Sioux, Poly Styrene, Beki Bondage, Deborah Harry, Emmylou Harris, Annie Lennox, Sinead O'Connor, Maria Muldaur, Gladys Knight, Diana Ross, Roberta Flack, Mary Wells, Tammi Tyrell, Kim Weston, Darlene Love, Roni Spector, Judie Tzuke, Tina Turner, Sheryl Crow, Alison Krauss, Pink, Britney Spears, Anne Murray, Helen Reddy, Karen Carpenter, Phoebe Snow, Dido, Enya,Mary Black, Alison Moyet, Belinda Carlisle, Will Young.

Exactly the same as SG. :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by Squirrel God
I like Britney Spears too, but then who doesn't :devil:

Her new I Love Rock N' Roll video is fantastic! (shame about the song though!) :D (In fact the song is a contender for the 'worst cover-versions' thread).

Aimee Mann - a great choice Gordon :).

As for Britney, I turn the volume off when she comes on and imagine she is mouthing to other things.

I love Aimee Mann's Magnolia soundtrack. Found her other stuff a bit iffy.

Groundy, I don't like your new avatar :(

Hmmmmmm....difficult choice this....may have 2 think a while...

Although Sam Brown, Claudia Fontaine & Durga McBroom's vocals on Floyd's (Pulse Live) 'Great Gig In The Sky'.........is pure class.

I'll have another think.

Adzman...

It certainly aint that effing talentless turd B...Sp..

Mr S.God

Perhaps S.Brown, C.Fontaine & D.McBroom are not as pleasing on the eye as Miss Sp.....

But, they are superb singers...

In comparison, Miss Sp. is like your purchases from CD-Wow.....

Cheap.

(But i'm sure you know that)

Adzman.........

Originally posted by Adzman
I think i'll stick to the Amps & Speakers section..

:eek:

Adzman

Hehehe

I did mean Vocals not looks with this thread :D

Ella Fitzgerald, Nora Jones, Eva Cassidy, Aretha Franklin. End of.

Aretha Franklin, Fontella Bass, Cher, Dusty Springfield, Carly Simon, Janis Ian, PP Arnold, Queen Latifah, Vicki Leandros, Candi Staton, Rosie Vela, Bonnie Raitt, Bonnie Tyler, Anne & Nancy Wilson, Celine Dion, Olivia Newton-John, Gloria Estefan, Missy Elliott, Ms Dynamite, Joan Armatrading, Gloria Gaynor, Barbra Streisand.

Originally posted by Squirrel God

I reserve that for White Stripes and the like.

(But i'm sure you know that) :p

Now Mr SG I admire your taste in films, but if you was to come round 'ere slagging off the White Stripes, I would say No, take your film reviews and CD Wow recommendatios elsewhere and give you a shlap :mad:
:mad: ;)

Can anybody recommend specific albums with any of these artists, please ? - preferably some with superb recording quality !

I have heard so much about Eva Cassidy, but have not heard any of her albums....... I think :)

BJ (need new music for new speakers :) )

Angela Gossow for me. Lead singer of Arch Enemy.

or perhaps Christina Scabbia of Lacuna Coil now there is a beautiful voice.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom