Feels like a CD/DVD already in Alpine IVA-D310R but display says 'no disc'

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by Setanta, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Setanta

Setanta
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi.

I just purchased a car that has a Alpine IVA-D310R installed, which runs a stacker in the boot.

The stacker works fine, as does the IPOD that is connected to it, but when I try to insert a disc into the headunit, it feels like there is something in there already, like another CD/DVD or part of the internal mechanism has moved 'down' into place.

I have pressed EJECT and held that down and it consistently says that there is no disc.

I called the seller of the car and he said that he had never used the head unit at all but had used the stacker and IPOD (he bought it new and had it installed in late 2005 or so (the receipt came with the car)

Does anyone have any hints or tips on what I could do or, alternatively, where in London you would recommend bringing it?

Many thanks in advance

James

2. RobM

RobM
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,168
    Might be worth removing the unit and disconnecting the power for a while. When it powers back up again hopefully it will re-scan the drive and find the disc, if it's there.

3. Ayub

Ayub

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Remove stereo remove plug and insert plug back on. it will reset and the disk will come out.

If not.... remove strereo remove top cover look for the cd if you cant see the disk.

Open top cover and lookf or the motor normally to the left of the mech. wind the cog and the disk will come out

Get a torch and tweezers to the disk?

4. AndyMoody

AndyMoody

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    If you are still stuck call Alpine Service on 0870 3333 407