feeding S-video or component video to Bush TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Vogon8, May 17, 2003.

1. Vogon8

Vogon8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a fairly unsophisticated non-widescreen Bush TV. The model number seems to be 2571NTX or AK19. Bought a about a year and a half ago from Argos.

My question is this: I have just bought a Sony DAV S550 DVD system, which can output in S-video and Component video, as well as composite. How can I tell whether the TV is capable of accepting S-video or component video, as I would like to try either of these in place of composite?

The TV has a single SCART socket and also a phono-type video input (to which I currently feed the composite video from the DAV). I know that you can buy S-video to SCART leads, but will the TV's SCART socket necessarily be capable of accepting S-video? And how about component video?

All help gratefully received.

Thanks,

Vogon8

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +758
    The TV won't have what is normally referred to as component video (i.e. Y Pr Pb via RCA/phono sockets).
    It is likely to have RGB inputs and quite possibly s-video too.
    Your TV handbook should have a page that lists all the functions/connections of your SCART socket.

You may have to use the TV's menu to set the SCART up for either RGB or s-video.
    So try both RGB & s-video from the DVD player (again may involve
    a menu via the DVD remote) via a fully-connected SCART lead & see what happens.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.