Feeding A Toshiba PF3

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by cluster, Mar 13, 2006.

1. cluster

cluster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i have just purchased an xbox 360 and want to use component cable to feed my Tosh PF3 (component). What do I lose not having an HDTV screen? I am presuming the picture quality will still be good even though there will be some down scaling? going on!

Sorry for being vague just want to get the best out of the 360 and the 36" screen.

Cheers all!

2. ifrank castle

ifrank castle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    i might know the answer to this question for you, not sure why no one else has replied yet, but here's mine two pennies worth:-

i'm presuming (correct me if i'm wrong),that you have a crt tv, like a toshiba 36zp46p. on this presumption, your tv only goes up to 480p, now the 360 can do 720 (or 780) and 1080 (all these figures are lines of resolution). in other words, your losing out slightly (or greatly, whichever way you look at it) in terms of picture quality.

if you had a hdtv then you would be able to play games at a higher resolution compared to what your playing at the mo.

hope this helps??

3. boylucifer

boylucifer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I have 32zp48 (I think), i.e. Toshiba PF3, and play 360 through component on it, it displays in 480p, which means less lines than 720p. Graphics quality is ok, but to be honest I think some of the dark areas remain too dark, and i've tried loads of pic settiings.

4. corh5

corh5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    i have a 32ZP38 (PF2), and i think the picture is cracking, however i have only ever seen the Xbox 360 running hi-def on the Pod machines. Screens far too small to make a proper comparsion.

I really have itchy fingers to get a hi - def screen but am holding on till Sky HD is released, thats when you'll find out what screens have gremlins and incompatibitly flaws.

5. chuwright

chuwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have PF2 32ZP38, stopped working in November for TV and Sky, but works for component. I bought a Philips 379830 LCD to replace it, to be honest the picture on the Tosh was fine, the pic on the Philips is bigger, better, but I wouldn't say £2000 better. The Tosh is still in the house facing a wall. I'll sell it to a TV repairman or something.