1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeder - Comfort In Sound - SACD - opinions please

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by Floodedstatue, Jul 18, 2004.

1. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Has anyone got Feeder - 'Comfort In Sound' on SACD?

Is it Surround Sound & Hybrid?

I think the CD is good rather than spectacular, but if it has a good Surround-Sound mix I may be persuaded to try out the SACD.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated :smashin:

2. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Well, after no responses I took the chance and ordered it. It was not easy to get hold of, but it was definitely worth the effort.

I had the album on standard CD format, so I knew that the music was a considerable improvement on the likes of Echo Park and Yesterday Went Too Soon, which were frankly dire (with the exception of one or two tracks).

This SACD sounds warm, crisp and clear. There is a nice balance between all channels. The heavy songs sound powerful without sounding distorted, while the quieter moments are clear and concise.

Overall - not a ground-breaking SACD, but an excellent addition to the collection and a considerable improvement in sound over the CD - which is what SACD strives to do. :rolleyes: