Feeder- Comfort in sound review

karkus30

Ex Member
Reaction score
Gingerly picked this up off Safeways shelves yesterday. I say gingerly cos picking up the last album ,on the strength of the Buck Rodgers single I was severley disappointed:(

But hang on, whats this its good, in fact its very good.

Starts off with an oasis / wonderwall hook, then off into pearl jam some shimmering Radiohead type stuff, Travis, U2 and the Foo fighters. Beginning to sound like Jilly Cooper now.

Some pretty heartfelt, emotional stuff here, Feeder laid bare. Im not sure if it was because of the drummers death, or if the whole band was just feeling that way. Its a bit like the Manics, Holy Bible album, but more upbeat.

If you like good pop tunes, with an emotional edge, pick up a copy.

Had the car test, 4 hours solid of constant listening and no boredom, just sounds better and better.

Its not an indispensible album, but it does hold your attention

Four Stars.

No interest in Feeder. Apathy or dislike ? Somebody must have a comment.

I agree, a very good album.

I was a fan of the earlier Feeder stuff like Polythene & Yesterday Went too Soon. Echo Park was a bit of a disappointment.

I got the new Feeder album from CD-WOW, which has two exclusive Japanese tracks and the slip case. So I recommend getting it from there as it is only £8.74!!!!!

Originally posted by perrdl
I got the new Feeder album from CD-WOW, which has two exclusive Japanese tracks and the slip case. So I recommend getting it from there as it is only £8.74!!!!!
This is the one I got and was very surprised to get it too!

It's marvellous!! What an album!! :)

Yes, but now I love Will Young and hate the White Stripes :p ;) :)

Originally posted by karkus30
Yes, but now I love Will Young and hate the White Stripes :p ;) :)
Don't worry. Gambit and I will be deleting any threads and posts about White Stripes. This will now be a White Stripes free forum ;) :p

You will never take me alive modders.:D :D :D

Apart from Fell In Love With A Girl, which had a good video and is about the same length as Blur's Song 2, couldn't find anything on White Blood Cells that I liked.

As to Comfort in Sound, yes good album, but to my ears more of the same as Echo Park, which I thought was a bit of a departure from their ealrier stuff.

Sounds like I need to buy myself a copy of Echo Park then.

I didn't like their earlier stuff so I was shocked when I heard a few singles of CIS and liked them and then found out it was Feeder!

Originally posted by EvilMudge
couldn't find anything on White Blood Cells that I liked.

Just going along with the crowd EvilMudge, I expected more;) :)

Seriously, one track on that album I actually like, the rest are okay background music, but I draw the line at sitting down just to listen to the White Stripes.

EDIT: Keep posting SG, 3 more and it's 6,000 posts!:D

Keep posting SG, 3 more and it's 6,000 posts!:D
I was going to edit your post and delete that insult, but I'll let you off with a warning instead :p

Sorry Squirrel, no insult intended. Thought you'd find it funny.

As penance I'm forcing myself to listen to the tracks other than FILWAG on WBC - still don't like that album.

Little Room is okay... at 0:50 minutes:seconds long

I think I smell a rat okay... at 2:04 long

Sensing a pattern I am as Yoda would say.

Sorry Squirrel, no insult intended. Thought you'd find it funny.
I wasn't insulted. The reply was meant humorously hence the ":p". Oh well, never mind :rolleyes: :D

As penance I'm forcing myself to listen to the tracks other than FILWAG on WBC - still don't like that album.
Good lad. Which track is FILWAG?

6000 posts eh? Good on ya.

Fell In Love With A Girl
on White Blood Cells - by the White Stripes.

Bizzarrely the short tracks are better than the long ones, probably because I can only take about 2 minutes of Jack White's voice.

Oh lord, you know, I do hate the Stripesters, but Fell In Love With A Girl is good stuff :blush:

Originally posted by Squirrel God
Sounds like I need to buy myself a copy of Echo Park then.

I didn't like their earlier stuff so I was shocked when I heard a few singles of CIS and liked them and then found out it was Feeder!

No, dont buy echo park, theres only a couple of good tracks on the album. Buck Rodgers is great. but the rest is very dull, not in the same league as CIS.

Originally posted by karkus30
No, dont buy echo park, theres only a couple of good tracks on the album. Buck Rodgers is great. but the rest is very dull, not in the same league as CIS.
CIS is their best album then?

Without a doubt, I was amazed when I heard this album, always thought they had a lot of promise and this album was confirmation. Maybe it was due to the death of their drummer, who knows.

I think Echo Park was a good album, got mine from CD-WOW (4 bonus tracks)
My favourite track is TURN (6) - I could listen to this track all day (well nearly!!) definitely goes into my top 50.

Got comfort in sound yesterday (CD-WOW £8.49) had one listen so far, first impressions?

Tracks 1 + 2, already heard (singles) like them.
Tracks 4 + 9, didn't like, sounds like its stuck, jittery? or is it my cd player?
The rest average, but will probably grow on me with a few more listens:D

What else do you listen to Thamesider? or like? or have?

just so we can all take the p**s;) only joking, I meant offer constructive advice and the benefit of our misguided musical tastes:D

My musical tastes??

Started buying records in the late 70's, mainly rock music, but not to heavy (where you can understand the words!)

Favourite bands of the time and since - Queen, U2, Meatloaf, ZZ top, Elo, The Jam.

In general I like most types of music, except the popstars crap and the like, boy/girlbands etc...

Albums purchased in the last year or so -

Coldplay - both albums brilliant
Red hot chillis
Foo Fighters
Feeder
Nickleback
Weezer
Travis

Most of the music I like is played on - the storm (ch860- sky) or at the moment on Q (ch453)

P**s take away:D :p :D

mainstream buyer then..........no p**s take, have a listen to some of the bands we mention on this Forum, might suprise you

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom