Feedback on this picture

CBJM

Standard Member
image-1225793060.jpg

Is this pretty good for a newbie of picture taking? I'm proud of it. It was taken with a HTC phone.

Attachments

• image-1239440125.jpg
    image-1239440125.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 50
Don't know why two pictures were uploaded sorry!

Because you uploaded via the forums inbuilt option it needs to dump the image to a post. So it will attach the image to the post that you make. I have fixed the link for you.

391144-feedback-picture-image-1225793060.jpg

Its a nice image but its not really doing anything for me.

shotokan101

Banned
Nicely exposed and processed - but ruined IMO by cropping/clipping off the top of the watch winder...

Jim

CBJM

Standard Member
shotokan101 said:
Nicely exposed and processed - but ruined IMO by cropping/clipping off the top of the watch winder...

Jim

I didn't see that, I didn't know I cropped it off.
This is the original.

image-4051802746.jpg

shotokan101

Banned
That's better compositionally - I think I'd have made the point of focus at the watch hand plane to get the internal mechanism nice and sharp - can't see EXIF data for shot but a nice wide F1.8/F2.8 aperture (depending on lens) would have given some better focus on the watch face... just my opinion of course :)

Beautiful Fob Watch BTW

CBJM

Standard Member
shotokan101 said:
That's better compositionally - I think I'd have made the point of focus at the watch hand plane to get the internal mechanism nice and sharp - can't see EXIF data for shot but a nice wide F1.8/F2.8 aperture (depending on lens) would have given some better focus on the watch face... just my opinion of course :)

Beautiful Fob Watch BTW

I don't have enough money for professional camera and stuff like that, as I said its just a camera phone so I don't have a choice on focus and things.
if I had a better camera and I had more practice I could have gotten it up to your standard but in all fairness I'm new to this hobby.
I use a digital watch on my wrist, I just bought this as I needed a chain for my pocket knife ha ha but thank you

shotokan101

Banned
I don't have enough money for professional camera and stuff like that, as I said its just a camera phone so I don't have a choice on focus and things.
if I had a better camera and I had more practice I could have gotten it up to your standard but in all fairness I'm new to this hobby.
I use a digital watch on my wrist, I just bought this as I needed a chain for my pocket knife ha ha but thank you

Sorry - I missed the camera phone part :facepalm:

AMc

Distinguished Member
Depending on the phone you can do some things for example the Flickr app for the iPhone allows you to touch two points to set the exposure and focus at different parts of the image which can be useful.
You may find a decent android app for an HTC - depending on the phone of course!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom