1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feedback on CheapElectricals.co.uk?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by smthompson99, Oct 9, 2005.

1. smthompson99

smthompson99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

does anyone have any experience of ordering from Cheap Electricals. They are selling the Pioneer 436XDE + PDKWM02 wall bracket + delivery for £2468.00, it is only a 12 month warranty but this is still a good price and I am tempted. Do they have a good reputation or should I steer clear?

thanks,
    Scott

2. Billythekid

Billythekid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Mixed feelings.

I have had a THPV500 on order from them since 24 August, but it's at a good price and there are plenty of other people waiting with other sellers.

My DVD recorder was despatched promptly and arrived on time, well packed and exactly as ordered.

The down side is that ALL communication after the initial purchase is by e-mail. They do reply promptly, but of course, they only say what they want to say. I changed my order slightly which involved re-ordering one item. It took 5 e-mails to get a plain confirmation that this item had been removed from the original order. It honestly got to the point where I imagined a couple of kids in the support office were having a game with me to see who could figure out how to reply without actually saying anything useful.

And (see the DVD recorder item above) I did ask them to retain the recorder and despatch it when the TV was in stock. This was completely ignored/overlooked.

3. DMC_UK

DMC_UK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had a look at there prices for the 436XDE = £2378
    If you add (TA) PDKTS12 Stand & PDPS37 (table top and full side spkrs) = £244
    but when added to the basket the price for the speakers & stand =£0 :thumbsup:

4. Billythekid

Billythekid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah, they do that.

I went for the multi-region upgrade for the DVD player which is £20 extra on the price list, but came up as £0 when I got to the shopping basket. And that's what I was charged.

They seem quite straightforward - they don't charge until the goods are despatched for instance. But possibly a bit overstretched to do customer communications very well.

Since I've been waiting with them for nearly 2 months for the TV, I don't fancy starting afresh on somebody else's waiting list.