Feed 1: No satellite signal

dudeonline

Anyone had the problem of no satellite signal being received on one of the feeds into the HD box. I had this yesterday and checked all cabling etc and couldn't find a problem. However, turning the box off (power cable out) and back on again recitified the problem.:confused: The other feed in was fine.

.Griff.

Happens to me fairly often. If I check the signal status it looks fine and the lock indicator shows "ok" but the codes below shows "0000" and I need to turn the box on and off.

dudeonline

I'll have a look and see what model I have. I didn't get any signal or lock showing either. :( Had to watch BBC news instead of Sky news in the morning cos I didn't know what was wrong.:rolleyes:

Anastie

Same thing happened to me. But box will work for a short while after reset then fail again. Sky cant come out for a week!!!

gwladok5

I'd concentrate on the cabling if I were you - especially the coax cable F connector - dismantle & re-do.

Switch the connectors around & see if the fault moves to the other input

dudeonline

I'd concentrate on the cabling if I were you - especially the coax cable F connector - dismantle & re-do.

Switch the connectors around & see if the fault moves to the other input
I did a visual and hand check of the cables, but the box was working fine before it was switched off the night before! :confused:

Since the reset, it is still working ok... :smashin:

CAS FAN

Distinguished Member
Just had this on mine. Had the box about 6 weeks and had no problems previously. Just turned on a few minutes back and got no signal received with no signal, strength or lock showing for input 1. Hopefully it's just a one off as it's messed two recordings up this time. Have others had this problem repeat?

I wonder if it's a firmware problem?

Giblets2

Novice Member
I had this too tonight. Failed Recording on Heroes Unmasked but thankfully the main programme recorded OK!

:arty:

Did a Planner Rebuild once it had finished. Seems OK now.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming to Netflix in November 2020: Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom