1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeble excuses re- some Philips models

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ibrox, Sep 17, 2003.

1. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As many of you will be aware Philips have a recall on certain T.V stands issued with certain models.
    This is a health + safety issue and on Onzey`s thread about Philips there is a link which clarifies those models + stands affected.

Anyway,I have been waiting on a 32" Philips 6517 for nearly 2 weeks and have not been given a delivery date.
    I have called the supplier(Empire) a couple of times and been given the runaround like the courier will call you tomorrow or call you within 2 days.
    Today,Empire said the reason was the recall + Philips had replaced stands parts at their warehouse on 28" 6517 but not 32".
    However, they would supply the T.V if I was prepared to contact Philips direct to arrange replacement stand.

I agreed to take the T.V under these circumstances but the thought of loads of suppliers with Philips affected stock waiting on replacement stands before they can move them seems incredible.
    Has anyone else encountered this problem + waiting on a Philips T.V or am I just being told a load of old waffle.?
    If anyone is waiting on a T.V I would check to see if their model is affected and also if their supplier has a problem.
    The replies to this matter will be interesting.

2. ibrox

ibrox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry folks the actual link is on page 8 of my own "Help for a Newbie" thread but onzeys worth a read anyway if too late.
    Apologies.