1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fed up with fans

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by groovyclam, Jul 26, 2004.

1. groovyclam

groovyclam
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I need an 8cm (or 9.2cm) fan that is silent and can keep my CPU heatsink cool enough.

I have tried SilenX fans but they do not shift enough air ( although they are indeed quiet )

I am currently using an Akasa with rpm control which does shift enough air but has a slight wine.

I've already shelled out enough on useless fans that I am now having to find homes for, so can someone *please* recommend me a fan that is silent and has enough blow power and, if possible, that has an rpm control ( and also where to get it from )

Thanks

2. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,169
    I use Vantec 80mm, which are quieter than the other fans in my PC and seem to keep things cool.. no rpm controller on the fan though.

Available from QuietPC.com and Oveclockers.co.uk - about £9 each

EDIT
    haha.. just noticed you said CPU in big letters.. :)

still, if you ever need any quiet case fans.... :D

/EDIT

3. banners

banners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I've recently started using a Zalman copper flower cooler thingy!(ebay purchase) On my XP2500 it cools the processor to ~55 - 60*C with no fan!!
    I 7V modded a 120mm Thermaltake fan to blow directly on to said heatsink and get temps ~40*C.
    Any body else tried this?
    I hope this is of some assistance!
    Steve