Fed up with CRT - thinking of a ViewSonic LCD TV

spl23

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've had my Sony KD32DX150 for about a year now - I went through 5 sets from various manufacturers before getting one I was (just about) happy with. I now have a Denon 3910 DVD player, which causes problems with NTSC signals on the Sony (the top third of the screen gets tinted blue.) Tried 2 models - seems to be a generic fault, and it seems others have had similar Denon/WEGA issues.

So I'm thinking of getting an LCD instead. I can get a ViewSonic N3000W for £1150 inc VAT. Is this a decent set, and is the price reasonable? If not, what should I get instead?

I'd like component inputs so I can connect my DVD player via the component switcher in my amp, and I need compatibility with both PAL and NTSC, and material in 4:3 and widescreen. (I don't like the effect of "smart" scaling 4:3 for a widescreen TV and prefer to watch it with black bars at the sides.) Screen size needs to be comparable to my existing Sony - the ViewSonic 30" is a couple of cm narrower but the same height, which will probably do.

I'm quite fussy about picture quality, and I would prefer it if the TV didn't create too much noise of its own - fans, scan whine, transformer buzz etc.

Any advice gratefully received!

Cheers,

Simon

Hi simon,

doesnt appear to be a very common unit although I have seen favourable magazine reviews. Its one of the few that is meant to be excellant as a PC screen and seems to accept a wide range of resolutions, no surprize as these guys are mainly pc screen manufacturers.

I assume you are looking at purchasing from dabs.

If anyone can post an opinion on either the 30 or 32 as to TV or DVD performance that would be great, must be the odd one about.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom