Fed up with Brennan, please could somebody help?

jakeinjam

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 1Tb Brennan b2 and it is driving me crazy because it rarely works. It is connected to a Yamaha amp and Tannoy speakers. When it works, it is fine - but rarely does so. I have a back-up of the files in mainly FLAC format as a b2 back-up.

What I am after is a storage unit that will connect to the amp and play music. A bit like a super sized iPod. I don't need streaming but am not adverse to it - I just want something simple preferably. I have a seperate CD ripper but obviously would need this storage thing to be able to recieve the files either from that or my iMac.

I also have a Logitech z906 attached to the tv which is also an option for integration if needed. I am also considering setting up a NAS system as a household backup facility.

Does anyone know of such a unit please? I have searched and searched but I don't really know the best option to choose. I would greatly appreciate any advice.

What model is your amplifier?

If you are getting a NAS, I would store music on there and add a raspberry pi as a streamer connected to your amp.

The Brennan is a raspberry pi already and it is rubbish. Are the standalone units better?
I find my 3b+ with dac hat is perfectly fine as a streamer running picoreplayer. You'll find plenty on here who use them as music streamers. If I was adding another one I would just got for an external dac like topping e30.

I find my 3b+ with dac hat is perfectly fine as a streamer running picoreplayer. You'll find plenty on here who use them as music streamers. If I was adding another one I would just got for an external dac like topping e30.
Sounds exciting but I have no idea what all this means. I really just want and need something simple that will play the music I have ripped without all the fiddling about with programming and settings.

This looks like what you need.....

It will play music from virtually anything you could want. You would need a smartphone or tablet to use it effectively though

It's got USB in so you could load up all your music onto a stick or portable hard drive and use the app to play it back.

It also has DLNA so can play from a network PC or NAS box, as well as music on a phone/tablet and from bluetooth devices.

If I didn't already have a Sony 4K disk player that also supports music playbakc from USB/Network and an AV receiver that also has USB playback built in, I think I'd get one!

This looks like what you need.....

It will play music from virtually anything you could want. You would need a smartphone or tablet to use it effectively though

It's got USB in so you could load up all your music onto a stick or portable hard drive and use the app to play it back.

It also has DLNA so can play from a network PC or NAS box, as well as music on a phone/tablet and from bluetooth devices.
this looks just what am after! Thank you... I did see this on my searches and it looks interesting and affordable.

From what I read it feels like an alternative to sonos so could I potentially add wifi speakers in other rooms?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom