February has come and gone

IDkipper

Standard Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who is sick to death of the SKYHD roll out. :thumbsdow

It's like watching a snail in a marathon race. :thumbsdow

Come get you finger out you have had too much publicity from the media & press. I think its time the media started to have a go at you!:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :mad: :mad:

Sky do not rely on the media for their subscriptions.
They rely on us.
What is needed to wake them up is the spirit shown by the "petrol protestors"-only sadly most people are apathetic.
Sky is like voting-not many people use their feet.
If you show them you are desperate for the launch of their product it will only add to the cost-bet it wont be cheap
NJ:oops:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Yeah....just had the 1st issue Sky HD e-mail :thumbsup:

:confused:

:(

What was that all about?????

Tells us diddly.............!:mad:

Infact I got bored and didn't finish reading it!

rasb0 said:
:clap: :clap: :clap: Yeah....just had the 1st issue Sky HD e-mail :thumbsup:

:confused:

:(

What was that all about.

Tells us diddly.............!:mad:

Infact I got bored and didn't finish reading it!

Me too...a load of old rubish. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Possibly the worst e-mail I ever received.!

I`ve got to the stage now when I am seriously thinking about waiting for HD/Blue Ray and forgetting about HD Sky.
Why all the secrecy,if the box is working well etc why not give us some info on when they are going to launch.
At present I only have sky,not Sky Plus and if the HD boxes have the same problems as the Sky +then I don`t think I want to spend £300+ on the box and X amount per month for all the problems and maybe more.

Same here. I'm bored of Sky now. All this marketing hype (and little real delivery) is getting a bit tiresome. I also suspect it will be a bit disappointing, with picture quality not being that good.

As every day passes, we get closer to HD-DVD and Bluray, which will boast much better picture quality than Sky HD anyway.
With control of the original content and with much greater bit rates available, I suspect HD DVD films are going to be fabulous, and will truly usher in real high definition.

I always like to watch DVD films rather than Sky Movies due to the better picture. Once we have a lot of HD DVDs around, I cannot see this changing.

I must admit, I am amazed about Skys approach to HD. Seems to be the plan to keep it as secret as they can. I'm also now thinking of waiting for bluray DVD and wait 12months+ for SkyHD.

IDkipper said:
Am I the only one who is sick to death of the SKYHD roll out. :thumbsdow

It's like watching a snail in a marathon race. :thumbsdow

Come get you finger out you have had too much publicity from the media & press. I think its time the media started to have a go at you!:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :mad: :mad:

I completely agree. I think, because of the delay, it will be a real let down. The Sky HD site was completely uninformative also. If Sky HD 9 & 10 is the total of their movie channels then I'm pretty unimpressed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom