February 2021 Photo Competition - Launch & Discussion

Zone

Well done to Thumpermawer for winning January's competition with this picture

OK here we go with February 2021....It'll be Christmas before we know it; mark my words :confused:

For February 2021 he has chosen another lock-down friendly theme "Hometown"!

Thumpers thinking....something that makes you think of your hometown in particular, but obviously can be loosely interpreted however people choose..

Just to be clear folks; a camera of any description is allowed; be it a pro DSLR down to the camera on your phone; there is no restriction as long as EXIF data is recorded in the original file :)

If it isn't; then email the original picture to [email protected] to verify your entry!

TBC Competition sponsor Gordon @ will offer his services of a free ISF calibration to a TV/Projector of your choice.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered he will honour the prize

Also as a courtesy; I've been asked to add a little disclaimer that any entries can be added to the AVForums Instagram page; a link will be added back to your Flickr page if you have one, so you may get more traffic too :)

Competition will close Friday 26th February

Si

1080 jawbreaker

off to snap the Materhorn of the north again.....................🤪🤪🤪

Marika

I actually might have a great idea for this, a little bit excited now :) Depends if I can make it happen like I see it in my mind though, oh well.. remains to be seen :)

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
At first not much came to mind what to shoot in town but I have an idea at least. How well it'll come across is another thing. Might be cheeky and go for a long walk to the next town along 😉

Thumpermawer

Wanted to pick a theme that is open enough to encourage entries and isn't too impacted by whatever restrictions are in place wherever you are. The first things that come to mind might be landmarks, but it can also be something that links your hometown to you personally, might be a place where you had your first snog, saw a great gig, learned to swim. Might be an item that your town is famous for, an activity that's popular or an invention from someone born there, who knows. Obviously there's no need to share if you don't feel like it, but if anyone feels like posting why they picked the subject of their photo when they upload it I'd love to hear it.

Good luck and happy shooting :)

1080 jawbreaker

got 1 day to get a image done, will be back at work Sunday until Friday :(

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
What time on Friday!!?!! 😟

Marika

I am ashamed to say I have got nothing so far. At least today is sunny, might be able to figure out something.

snerkler

I’ve been sticking to the non-essential travel so doubt I’ll get an entry in this month.

snerkler

You're only supposed to do "essential travel" :eek: I think I know what you meant though :p
In all seriousness I only have something because it snowed - I've taken all the pictures of our little village I'll ever need :)
Haha, yes that’s what I meant, I’ve been doing essential travel only. I live slightly out of town, and whilst I’m lucky that I overlook a country park there’s nothing that screams “Hometown” to me :smashin:

Thumpermawer

I'm having a bit of a 'mare here - was gathering kit to grab one of the shots I had in mind and I can't put my hands on my memory card!

Will see if I can hunt it down this afternoon, but might need to rely on a phone pic if I don't have any joy.

I could always try the old "order a new one online and the old one will show up" trick?.....

snerkler

I'm having a bit of a 'mare here - was gathering kit to grab one of the shots I had in mind and I can't put my hands on my memory card!

Will see if I can hunt it down this afternoon, but might need to rely on a phone pic if I don't have any joy.

I could always try the old "order a new one online and the old one will show up" trick?.....
You only have one memory card? You’re brave ;)

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
No excuses from my end. Just laziness. Amazing sunset right now, just a shame it'll be gone by the time I finish work.

Marika

I honestly have barely left our house this month.. I have had no reason to. Car has probably rooted on the drive. Might see today if I can find something in my jungle mess of a garden today, that's in my home town after all, right? :)

Marika

I took 3 photos with my camera this month, non of them fit the theme even remotely... So I won't have an entry for this. I can't believe it, but there you are 😔

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom