Crossing over the River Dee

EXIF:
Exposure: 1/6 sec
Aperture: f/2.8
Focal Length: 33 mm
ISO Speed: 1600
Gear: Canon 450d with Tamron 17-50mm f2.8

PP:
Cloaning some artifacts out and slight reduction in noise.

jumpt_upmunky

Novice Member
Amazing image, very film noir!
Was the image staged or did you skulk about on the bridge with your tripod???
Only downside is it doesn't seem quite straight, the uprights lean to the right a bit, or maybe it's an optical illusion!

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
Very nice shot :thumbsup:

...and I think it's an optical illusion caused by the lighting contrast on the two opposite sides of the shot...

Jim

Catwomanglass

Novice Member
A lovely shot...although my eyes dont seem to cope with the angle terribly well...maybe it is the lighting contrasts being really bright on one side and so dark on the other?

nikonuser11

Lovely shot....as usual Mark:smashin:

I see what people are saying re the angle/straightness, I think its an illusion created by being right of centre and the 4 supporting steel strut wires being unequal in focal lenght........:eek:

mark.carline

Novice Member
hmm - i might just adjust it a little and turn it anti-clockwise by a couple of degrees.

To be honest I nearly did this in PP but when I checked the right hand side it was straight but now looking at the left hand column i can see its leaning to the right a bit.

I'll sort it tonight ;)

SprocketRocket

Novice Member
Lovely shot, Its romantic and spooky at the same time.
It doesn't appear too wonky to me.... perhaps if you'd shot it from the middle of the bridge it'd help.