Fear Dot com

kevb

Established Member
Reaction score
I was just browsing on another site when I got smacked in the face with an add for a film called “Fear Dot Com". So I went and checked it out as it looked interesting(particularly the woman in stockings and suspenders asking if I wanted to play):blush:. The Synopsis is below. The film is directed by the same guy that did the House On Haunted Hill so it should be very stylish if not very scary. Sounds very similar to Ring, which has been remade by Dreamworks and is also released this year.

Trailer looks good for Fear Dot Com too.

"Do you like to watch?"

A woman's voice beckons from the computer. Images flash across the screen - parted lips, bound wrists, flesh. Her seductive tone summons you closer, inviting you in...

"Do you want to see more?"

If you click "yes" - and you know you want to - you'll be logged on to the internet site feardot.com, and the game begins. What follows is a miasma of hellish images that leave unsuspecting voyeurs suffering from morbid hallucinations and unspeakable terror.

When four bodies are discovered among the industrial decay and urban grime of New York City, brash young detective Mike Reilly (STEPHEN DORFF) teams with ambitious Department of Health researcher Terry Huston (NATASCHA MCELHONE) to uncover the cause behind their violent and inexplicable deaths.

The only common factor shared by the victims? Each died exactly 48 hours after logging on to feardot.com. Were they being punished for their inquisitiveness? For succumbing to temptation? For indulging their guilty pleasures?

Determined to confront and destroy the evil force behind the deadly site, Mike logs on and the clock starts ticking. Now he's got 48 hours to face his own worst fears and solve the mystery, or suffer the fate of the victims before him.

Together with Terry, he delves deep into a forbidden universe of contaminated souls and shocking imagery, each step bringing them closer to the horrifying counter-reality of feardot.com - and a life-and-death confrontation with Alistair Pratt (STEPHEN REA), a sadistic murderer who has eluded Mike and the FBI for years. What they discover is as mystifying as the deaths themselves…and more terrifying than anything they ever dreamed.

"Time's almost up..."

I like the look of this.:D Shame it's Proberly crap.:(

sounds alright, I like Stephen Dorff but I'm not too sure about the woman tho, didn't really like her in the Truman Show or Ronin

you're right about the ring tho, maybe this is the hollywood ring remake that was being talked about

It's a different film for sure as this one is released by Warner Bros and Ring will be Dreamworks.

didn't know it had been green-lit yet... any cast details?

as for fear dot com... couldn't they just contact the host ISP and get it taken down!!:D :D

Yeah comes out on the 18th of october in the states. Haven't checked the site out yet. Last time I was on the Dreamworks website the Ring site was not up.

Still have not seen the original either. Only heard the Hype. Want to see it though.

Link here.
http://www.ring-themovie.com/main.html

Naomi Watts who played Betty/Diane in mulholland drive and Brian Cox seem the main names most of the other actors i have not heard of .

Isn't progress funny, just when you have a video tape that kills people in 7 days, someone comes along with a website that does it in 48 hours. Soon there will be a dvd that kills you in 24 but with better picture quality and DTS.:D

Just had a thought this could be one of AccursedDelphi's posts.

Watch OUT LEX.:eek:

"Do you like to watch?"

Delphi's voice beckons from the computer. Images flash across the screen - parted lips, bound wrists, flesh. Her seductive tone summons you closer, inviting you in...

"Do you want to see more?"

If you click "yes" - and you know you want to - you'll be logged on to the internet site avforums.com, and the game begins. What follows is a miasma of hellish images that leave unsuspecting voyeurs suffering from morbid hallucinations and unspeakable terror.

Would be her Avatar then? or something more cheeky?:eek:

Feardotcom does seem like an 'interpretation' of the original Ring idea. The trailer does look fairly interesting though, production values also appear above average for this type of film.

Anyone who like the look of fear.com might want to take a look at this film also: www.atticexpeditions.com

Anyone actually seen this film?

Thanks SG, give this a miss methinks. Just have to watch DD for the seventh time.

I too thought it was promising but it was slated at www.imdb.com so I'll give it a miss. The Ring looks good though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom