Fear 2: Project Origin - Play & help

Graham43

Established Member
Reaction score
Was in ASDA yesterday and today, and Morrisons yesterday, and they have no copies of FEAR 2: Project Origin. They have not sold out, they just seem to have none. Wonder when they may get some copies in? Thought I might have been able to pick it up a little cheaper. Strange that ASDA have copies of Shellshock 2 which was released on the same day.

Time for this to be moved?

Liking this, not keen on the blur when looking around though.

I felt like the combat was pretty lame. The AI is great but the clucky 'warhammer' guns and armour are really un-imersive. The shooting sucks imo because its incredibly old styled. Its just simple walk through a street and kill enemies that hide behind things and i find that really dull. There arent any open spaces or squad mates and as i said befor the levels are just walk through and shoot. The fact it take about 6.82 million bullets to kill som1 is also annoying. The entire time im just ploughing though the shooting stuff to get to the kl ALMA stuff which is incredibly scary and keeps me glued to the TV. Love the scary stuff. You have to take it slowly or else you do miss alot of atmosphere and scary things.

Im taking it slowly although its not taking me 6.82million bullets to kill someone a shot to the head usually stuns someone if not kills them outright im not firing loads of bullets just short bursts if i leave the trigger on then carnage and they go down like a sack of:censored:
It looks really good as well was a bit surprised that it was a warner brothers game movie tie in prehaps or movie studios are now realising where the cash is

not much on here so far?? was thinking of getting this as i enjoyed the demo. you guys that own it think its any good?

Has anybody had any problems with the online achievement 'I'll take those odds'? or something similar, all you have to do is get more kills than deaths in a ranked online match, done this in nearly every game, still nothing.

Has anybody had any problems with the online achievement 'I'll take those odds'? or something similar, all you have to do is get more kills than deaths in a ranked online match, done this in nearly every game, still nothing.

I was reading one of the achievement forums on this jsut yesterday and apparently it seems a bit glitchy whether or not you get it, one of the posts mention that you seem to need a 2/1 ratio for it to unlock

not much on here so far?? was thinking of getting this as i enjoyed the demo. you guys that own it think its any good?

Here's my 2pm worth:

It's a good, solid if not spectacular shooter. There's lots of story to discover if you want via collectable items of intel but If you don't want them fine, no harm done.
The controls work well and the wepons are great, combat and auto shotgun, a decent SMG (P90?), assault rifle, missile launchers, flamethrowers, shock/frag/incendiary grenades, lovely sniper rifle, laser rifle and more to come later.
The enemy AI is generally good and occasionally excellent. They will make attempts to flank you and get behind you, they will melee if you get close. Stay back in cover too much and you'll get a grenade to flush you out - good.

The plot is supernatural bollo&*s, but as I say, you aren't punished if you play it straight although some enemies are weaker against certain weapons/techniques.
Its very atmospheric and genuinely creepy, some may find the odd flashbacks that the character has annoying - i thought they added to to it.

I thought one of the later levels outstayed its welcome a bit and it was hard work finding a way to go but the campaign is a decent length, a good 10 hours in my experience.

i haven't tried multiplayer cos I don't do ranked games.

In summary. Its a good game if you like your shooters and liked the demo. Well worth £30 and a quickish trade in my opinion. I don't think its a keeper but you never know

Loto

It's a difficult one comparing the demo to the main game, as the demo is cobbled together for the sole purpose of being a demo only, to show you a bit of everything.

The main game is much better than the demo, I enjoyed the first FEAR and for me this is miles better, more fluid, more responsive, much creepier.

Multiplayer however, from the quick dabble I had, is a bit naff.

I'm half-way if not most of the way through this at the moment, and I must say I'm not enjoying it nearly as much as I enjoyed the first F.E.A.R.

I'm not entirely sure why that is, though there are seemingly a lot of moments where I get that audio/visual cue that tells you something supernatural/scary just happened yet I don't actually see it, as if I was looking the wrong way. That never seemed to be an issue with F.E.A.R. I also have the nagging feeling that the weapons aren't quite as solid as they used to be.

But, despite all that, there's still the undeniable charm that the combat and Alma sequences have that continue to be a big draw for me, even if it never feels quite right. There's been the occasional moment that sent shivers down me, when the voices you hear are coming at you loud and clear in the more quiet of moments. Didn't really enjoy the mech sequence, it was over quite quickly and seemed a tad on the pointless side, but then I guess it's soul purpose was to let you rip into stuff with a grin on your face and give you a break from the usual coridoor stuff.

I put the original game on the other night for a quick play, and I definetly get a slightly creepier vibe from that than I do with this one, I think that's what seals it. I suppose I should really complete the new one first though before confirming anything.

Oh, and as for the comment made about one of the later levels outstaying it's welcome, I'm wondering if that's the current level I'm on atm, as I'm finding myself wanting to return to the dark coridoors again right about now. (Mech level) :)

I was reading one of the achievement forums on this jsut yesterday and apparently it seems a bit glitchy whether or not you get it, one of the posts mention that you seem to need a 2/1 ratio for it to unlock

Managed to get it now, went into a failsafe match went 10:2 and it unlocked, i've had a 2:1 KD before so dont think it was that maybe its in game type. anywho problem solved!

Are there not more people playing this game? I think its a great 'just blow them to pieces' shooter, that plays well. The ghosts are awesome in the game. :thumbsup:

Played it, finished it, traded it. Good game just not got any lifespan IMO I got all the single player cheevs out of it aside from finishing it again on hard and I wasn't interested in the online side.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this. was up until 3 this morning playing, it just sucked me right in.

The enemies are excellent and at times its down right creepy as hell, the bit in the school being a particular highlight.

Loved the mech bit, as has already been mentioned it was fun just letting rip and the slow motion type thing is so damn cool as well as being damn handy.

not tried online yet i'll give that a twirl once I've finished it.

so i'd definately say its well worth a play through at the very least.

Quite enjoying playing through this - but one particular enemy-type is causing me a load of grief - Those ones that run around with bloode seemingly pouring from their limbs, and wailing all the time; I seem to be able to kill them okay, but as soon as another enemy does his wailnig, they simply get back up again?!

Any tips of killing them for good?

My god was this game generic...

And the ending was totally fubar

Quite enjoying playing through this - but one particular enemy-type is causing me a load of grief - Those ones that run around with bloode seemingly pouring from their limbs, and wailing all the time; I seem to be able to kill them okay, but as soon as another enemy does his wailnig, they simply get back up again?!

Any tips of killing them for good?

Are you talking about the ones that are getting re-animated by a spirit? they will keep on getting up until you take out the spirit running around.

Are you talking about the ones that are getting re-animated by a spirit? they will keep on getting up until you take out the spirit running around.

Yeah those are the ones! I kinda thought that might be the case after trying a few more times - but the 'spirit' is nigh-on impossible to kill - you only get around 2 seconds from when you see him, till when he re-animates the soldiers - and the speed he runs around means you can't even follow him!

Yeah those are the ones! I kinda thought that might be the case after trying a few more times - but the 'spirit' is nigh-on impossible to kill - you only get around 2 seconds from when you see him, till when he re-animates the soldiers - and the speed he runs around means you can't even follow him!

If I remember right they normally follow a set route so just try to see where he goes then set yourself up to nail him the next time, they do take a bit of a battering though

To my eternal shame I am stuck on this game. I think I am on the Replica level - I have been rushing through a burning building trying to escape. I am now standing on the remains of a walkway, only able to go through a door into a room with a few burning gas pipes (with more exploding as I've gone past them). I get to the next room, a big open space with an Office type building in the middle, walk forward and get a scriped depth, i.e. a gas explosion in front, the character automatically spins around and sees a gas explosion behind, and then the walkway gives way and I fall to the ground and get buried alive (and then die).

I don't seem to have any other options to avoid this death. I've tried Slow-Mo, I've tried looking for a gas valve, I've tried running as fast as possible - but the result is the same everytime!

Can anyone help? :lease:

EDIT: Have attached a picture of where I am stuck. The only way to go is left - but if I do the walkway collapses, I fall, something heavy falls on top of me and I end up in the main menu!

Attachments

• Fear.jpg
    Fear.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
To my eternal shame I am stuck on this game. I think I am on the Replica level - I have been rushing through a burning building trying to escape. I am now standing on the remains of a walkway, only able to go through a door into a room with a few burning gas pipes (with more exploding as I've gone past them). I get to the next room, a big open space with an Office type building in the middle, walk forward and get a scriped depth, i.e. a gas explosion in front, the character automatically spins around and sees a gas explosion behind, and then the walkway gives way and I fall to the ground and get buried alive (and then die).

I don't seem to have any other options to avoid this death. I've tried Slow-Mo, I've tried looking for a gas valve, I've tried running as fast as possible - but the result is the same everytime!

Can anyone help? :lease:

EDIT: Have attached a picture of where I am stuck. The only way to go is left - but if I do the walkway collapses, I fall, something heavy falls on top of me and I end up in the main menu!
Disregard - turned out to be a bug! :suicide:

Cheers for the info, I didn't think you were able to kill those guys so have just been trying to get around them with knocking them down, has been tricky on a couple of levels where I had to move items though(get hit when an items almost moved and it drops back into place:suicide:).

Enjoying this game so far, quite creepy in places, almost a relief to meet the bad guys at times after seeing too many ghosts:D Can be a bit repetative for my taste though and it can be a pain getting lost in the dark coridors(especially when you have ghosties nipping at your backside and you just want to see daylight again:rolleyes:).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom