1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FCC Rule Compliance - Question for John Mulcahy etc

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Kevinc, Apr 15, 2005.

1. Kevinc

Kevinc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi my new DVD32FLR and AV32R5.1bp are hung up in US Customs, who have asked me to complete an FCC Rules declaration in connection with them. I have to check the correct box.

Having read the various options I think I need to choose from: (1) "The FCC has issued a grant of equipment authorization for the FCC ID listed above" (in which case I would need to list the actual FCC IDs for the two pieces of equipment); or (2) "An FCC grant of equipment authorization and an FCC ID are not required, but the equipment complies with FCC technical requirements"; or (7) "Three or fewer radio receivers, computers, or other unintentional radiators as defined in Part 15 of the FCC Rules, are being imported for an individual's personal use and are not intended for sale".

Option (7) sounds like the safest one, but if the accurate answer is really (1) or (2) I'd obviously rather put it in case it is scrutinised - in any case, (7) may not satisfy them. The penalty for false declarations is $250,000 and 5 years in prison and as I'm sure you know we don't mess around over here! (I note that my old DAC20 has a certificate saying it complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules but doesn't quote an FCC ID number.)

I'd appreciate any input you could provide so I can respond as the IAG Helpdesk is closed 'til Monday and it could take a while to get the accurate response from them anyway.

Thanks!
    Kevin

2. JohnMulcahy

JohnMulcahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Hi Kevin,

There are no FCC IDs for those products. The equipment does comply with the FCC technical requirements, but I'm not sure whether it is correct to say that an FCC ID etc are not required. I'd go for (7).

Regards,

3. Kevinc

Kevinc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    John

Thanks - Fantastic - Just what I needed to know! And your response was so quick that with the wonders of time zone differences I can even get the declaration back to US Customs before they go home for the weekend! (The sooner I get my extra pieces of TAG kit delivered the happier I'll be.)

Enjoy your weekend John!
    Thanks again
    Kevin