FBI skip

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by -, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have the same player with the same mod and the FBI skip just means that you can fast forward through it if you want.

I think all that it does is stops the disk from being able to tell the player to lock all the play back controls. such as pause and fast forward, so now you can always control what the player is doing.

Its quite cool, because with it you can even fast forward through the menus.

Hope that helps

James

2. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    James,

Thanks for the info. I can fast forward through and had wondered if that was it.

Its a great player. I need a TV to match now!!

3. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a sony 735 fitted with paragon upgrade (manual one) which i got from Sevenoaks in Manchester. I obtained my first R1 disc the other day and the warning about not playing the disc here there and everywhere comes up at start of film. It also happens with R2 discs. I thought this was supposed to be missed by FBI skip. Am I correct in my thoughts or missing something here. Macrovision is disabled and it plays R1 and R2 discs.

Another problem the warning on the r1 is offset not in centre of screen and the picture seems lower such that there is a small white band in the very top corner of the screen(not between picture and black bar) is this a geometry problem on my TV??

Help needed

4. Tony Rae

Tony Rae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a modded Sony DVP-F11 that has FBI skip and it allows me to skip it completely,rather than fast forwarding.
    As soon as I see the screen I press chapter skip and it goes to the next screen.
    I guess some mods work differently.

Tony

5. Mr A

Mr A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tony,

I have not tried the chapter skip. By the time i find the button on the remote the warning has gone. I will try it next time, Next weekend at the earliest!!