1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fawlty Towers

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by StephenR, May 25, 2001.

1. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have only seen this mentioned on DVD File, so for those who may have missed it Fawlty Towers will be released on DVD in the US on October 16th. There will be three discs each featuring four episodes, and will cost $24.95 each. A boxed set will be available for $59.95.

It's great to see this classic comedy finally get released on DVD, but does anyone else think it is bizarre that America is getting this BBC series on DVD before the UK? I seem to remember that it was the same with Wallace & Gromit. And they wonder why we import! :rolleyes:

2. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    It's out on October 8th here (though it's true the boxed set comes a little later on November 12th)

LINK

3. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent - that looks like a better deal. I can wait for the region 2 boxed set. Wonder why the Americans have split the two series into three? Much more sensible to have a disc for each series, provided quality won't suffer of course.

4. Amarok

Amarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the complete series from Play.Com for a mere £17.99 with the extras as well.

They are classic but the directors comentery on the first series isn't very clear,they could have done a better job on his recording as it often sounds muffled.Also,you will be forgiven on thinking he has fallen asleep as some of the pauses between his speech are a bit too long.Apart from that it is still worth every penny as they are all classic episodes 10/10

5. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I already have the same R2 boxset as Amarok that I picked up in the Play sale for the same price.

It has 3 disks. 1 disk for series 1, 1 disk for series 2, and the 3rd disk full of lovely extras.

It's been out for ages.

So what's the difference between the existing box set and this new one, if any??

6. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you check the dates of the posts you will see that this thread is two years old. ;)

7. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh for crying out loud :eek:

Amarok's post threw me :(

Don't know whether to thank you or not Lex :blush: :D

8. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    :D ;) :blush: :devil:

9. Zig

Zig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :D LOL I think Amarok should be commended for the use of the search facility, IanJ would be proud.