Favourite Channels annoying!

Mike710_0

Standard Member
Ive just had Sky HD installed and went for the Music and HD Pack so I havent got all the channels.

What im trying to do is when I press the 'Channel +/-' button is for my HD box to ONLY pick the favourite channels ive selected but I dont think this can be done. The only annoying way around it seems to be to press 'blue button' then 'select'!

I dont want to view tons of blue screens for channels I dont have or like. I mean my freeview in my HD TV has the option to ONLY bring up my favourite channels.

Hope this makes sense and there is some solution. I havent yet got the new EPG but can what ive just been saying been done?

Ive got an Amstrad and think its pretty sad the way this works. There should be a button in the 'TV Guide' to only show the favourite channels ive selected!

majnu

Distinguished Member
Pressing the channel up and down button will access all channels.

The way favourites works is that under options-> favourites in the sky EPG you select which channel you want to assign as favourite by highlighting the channel and pressing the yellow button and saving.

Everytime you press the blue button now the channel(s) you have assigned as your favourites each will be displayed by the press of the button.

Mike710_0

Standard Member
Pressing the channel up and down button will access all channels.

The way favourites works is that under options-> favourites in the sky EPG you select which channel you want to assign as favourite by highlighting the channel and pressing the yellow button and saving.

Everytime you press the blue button now the channel(s) you have assigned as your favourites each will be displayed by the press of the button.

You seem to mis-understand what im saying! That wont physically show just my favourite channels will it? All that does is show that menu thing on-screen so thats no good. Im sorry but I think the way 'favourite channels' works is stupid. Like ive said my TV does what ive said and so does my Play TV for my PS3!

Have just spoken to Sky's Technical dept and the guy said he would e mail the necessary person. Thinks its gonna take alot more than just me to change what ive said though.

Who out there agrees with what im saying?

Last edited:

Starburst

Distinguished Member
The lack of editing the main EPG has always been a bugbear but I don't think it will ever change simply because SKY make a ton of cash from selling EPG slots and the ability to remove them would threaten that revenue stream.

The Favourites EPG listing is a decent compromise but after a few days you'll know the EPG numbers of your favourite channels anyway making channel surfing only something you do when you have nothing recorded:)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom