Favourite car movies??

R

ricdiggle

Guest
OK, I did a quick search but I'm sure Squirrel God will be along shortly to sort that.

Anyway,
Movies with cars as a main feature:

My faves are:
Taxi
Taxi 2 (best opening ever to a film) and only £6.49
Fast and Furious
Bullit

What else should I be looking at then boys and girls?

P.S. Please don't suggest Driven with Sly!

I'm a bit of a car nut: check out my site to see what I drive when the weather is good.
www.diggle.fsnet.co.uk
 
S

Squirrel God

Guest
Originally posted by ricdiggle
OK, I did a quick search but I'm sure Squirrel God will be along shortly to sort that.
What are you trying to say? :eek: ;) :p

Any movie featuring Hondas is alright with me :D

Pulp Fiction, Independence Day, and Jackie Brown all feature Hondas, with Jackie Brown featuring a 1979 Civic :)

http://www.honda.co.uk/multimedia/cinema.html
 

Iain Shields

Novice Member
The Gumball Rally

Canonball Run

Both are excellent if you want a bit of car racing fun...:D
 

gpender

Standard Member
Vanishing point, quite difficult to find but well worth it. Features a supercharged dodge. It was also the inspiration behind Primal Scream's Vanishing point album.
 

Rambo John J

Distinguished Member
Vanishing Point's just been released on R2 so it shouldn't be hard to find.
Smokey And The Bandit:p
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry
Fear Is The Key
 
S

shaunthedude

Guest
Yeah, vanishing Point. Fantastic film with great music and chases. Bullitt. Best car chase ever. French Connection, not a bad car chase. Robbery with Stanley Baker. Super car chase, in this country too, By the same director of Bullitt. Italian Job of coarse. Hooper with Burt reynolds. The original Gone in 60 seconds Is fantastic too. One huge car chase from start to finish. All except robbery are out on dvd.

hth shaun
 
R

ricdiggle

Guest
Thanks chaps -sounds like I need to go and buy Vanishing Point.
Squirrel God - I hope you looked at my wesite - It may be a Westfield car but the engine in it is pure Honda! Fireblade bike engine to be exact.
The wife drives an HRV too.

And you know you're the search daddy.
Wow, that would look great on your Avatar:-

Sqirrel God
The search Daddy!
:D
Richard.
 
S

Squirrel God

Guest
Originally posted by ricdiggle
Squirrel God - I hope you looked at my wesite - It may be a Westfield car but the engine in it is pure Honda! Fireblade bike engine to be exact.
The wife drives an HRV too.
:D
Originally posted by ricdiggle
And you know you're the search daddy.
Wow, that would look great on your Avatar:-

Sqirrel God
The search Daddy!
:D
Just for you ;)
 

Nike

Active Member
Mad Max
Repo Man

(I'll give Ronin a 2nd vote as well!)
 
R

ricdiggle

Guest
Looking good - real good.

Take it you liked the Westy then - please excuse my very poor attempt at Flash animation - it makes me laugh how long it took me and how truely awful it is.
 
S

Squirrel God

Guest
Originally posted by ricdiggle
Take it you liked the Westy then - please excuse my very poor attempt at Flash animation - it makes me laugh how long it took me and how truely awful it is.
I'm new to cars mate as I only got my licence at the start of September and my Honda Civic is my first car (brand new because I have no fear of damaging it :p) - so I don't understand all the ins and outs of them (although I'm learning!) but it certainly looks nice yes and it has a Honda engine so that's good too :D What's the bhp of that baby?
 
R

ricdiggle

Guest
The carbon fibre body pannels, six speed sequential gearbox, the racing tyres, the 12,500RPM limit, the lack of windscreen, doors or roof make it very light.

The engine puts out about 130BHP - probably similar to yours...
But...
The car weighs about as much as four tyres and as a result goes very very fast.
To put it in context, it would leave any Type R for dead and a Porsche 911 turbo would really struggle to keep up with it.
It can just about keep up with a 600cc sports bike.

Which is nice!!
 

Nike

Active Member
Imagine how fast that motor would be in a Fireblade chassis.....:D
 
S

Squirrel God

Guest
Originally posted by ricdiggle
The carbon fibre body pannels, six speed sequential gearbox, the racing tyres, the 12,500RPM limit, the lack of windscreen, doors or roof make it very light.

The engine puts out about 130BHP - probably similar to yours...
But...
The car weighs about as much as four tyres and as a result goes very very fast.
To put it in context, it would leave any Type R for dead and a Porsche 911 turbo would really struggle to keep up with it.
It can just about keep up with a 600cc sports bike.

Which is nice!!
Mine's not even close to yours :p It has a little 1.4 engine (fuel-injected though :D) - 95 bhp from what I recall. Kerbweight (how much it weighs??) is 1126kg. Rest of specs are:

Max. Power (PS @ rpm) 90 @ 5600

Max. Torque (Nm @ rpm) 130 @ 4300

Max. Torque (lb.ft @ rpm) 95 @ 4300

(I have no idea what any of the above mean :()

Maximum speed (mph) 110

Acceleration 0-62mph (secs) 11.9

Bet my MPG is better than yours though ;) :p

Urban 35.3
Extra urban 52.3
Combined 44.8
 
R

ricdiggle

Guest
I know - and they aren't even that fast anymore compared to Busas and ZX12s

My car is pretty scary as it is. To ride a FireBlade on full chat must be intense to say the least.
 
R

ricdiggle

Guest
Originally posted by Squirrel God

Bet my MPG is better than yours though ;) :p

Urban 35.3
Extra urban 52.3
Combined 44.8
Actually mine is about the same.
On the track it does about 3-4 MPG!!

But, at 70 on a Motorway I can easily get 50MPG.
 

Nike

Active Member
It is yes!

Just off home now on my Aprilia RSV1000
1000cc V-twin
130bhp (chipped with race-can)
about 170kilos (shame I have to get on as well really)
 
R

ricdiggle

Guest
Originally posted by Nike
It is yes!

Just off home now on my Aprilia RSV1000
1000cc V-twin
130bhp (chipped with race-can)
about 170kilos (shame I have to get on as well really)
I'm green with envy mate.
I wanted a bike but I'm not allowed one on threat of losing all sexual favours!
I had to settle for a car with a bike engine.
 
S

Squirrel God

Guest
Originally posted by Ian J
I think I'm in the wrong forum :rolleyes:
I intend to watch Traffic at some point (not seen before). Does that count as a car movie? :D
 
R

ricdiggle

Guest
I watch Traffic all the time - In my rear view (Well I would if I had one - they are too heavy!)

Ian J - Welcome to the Honda Appreciation Forum.
 
S

shaunthedude

Guest
I liked the film BULLITT so much, I bought myself a 1968 Mustang Fastback and have just finished reastoring it to the same as the one in the film. I love it. 6.4 litre V8. £75 bhp. free road tax and fully comp insurance for £78. I reccomend it to everyone:)
 

Similar threads

Trending threads

Latest News

Denon introduces 8K ready AV Receivers as industry's first
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CES 2021 to go ahead 'in person'
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips 800 Series OLED TVs come to UK in July
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 31st May 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
MQA expands global partnerships for high end experience
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Top Bottom