Favorite DTS movies

Latman

Established Member
Reaction score
After watching T2 on my new system (Marantz 5200 + FS2AV) at the weekend, my wow factor went sky high and now I am willing to add more DTS sound enabled movies to my collection. Can anyone recommend few of their favorite movies which use DTS please?

Gotta agree with mcmullanbrush, If you really want to hear things zippingh from one side of the room to the other, try Gladiator (opening scene)

The Rock (collectors edition)

Gladiator is the only one I've tried.

Unfortunately I've find the volume level change between the vocals and large explosions is too great. I turn the amp up to a decent level for vocals and then the explosions are too loud. My cinema is in my bedroom upstairs and my parents complain if it's too loud.

Ok, just got Gladiator. Can't wait to go home and try it out tonight! :D

Chicken Run BTTF and FATF, you can't beat a DTS soundtrack, all this hype that it is just increased levels is popycock, dolby labs have made a mess of things, if you can't hear the difference you must have inferior equipment.

Originally posted by Glasswalker
Gladiator is the only one I've tried.

Unfortunately I've find the volume level change between the vocals and large explosions is too great. I turn the amp up to a decent level for vocals and then the explosions are too loud. My cinema is in my bedroom upstairs and my parents complain if it's too loud.

Switch on the Dynamic Range Compression (might be called Midnight Mode, depends what amp/receiver you have).:)

Not a big fan of DTS but Stargate is not bad The Fifth Element Superbit is very good.

Originally posted by Jase

Switch on the Dynamic Range Compression (might be called Midnight Mode, depends what amp/receiver you have).:)

It's a Yamaha DSP AX620. I'll have a look in the manual for this Dynamic Range Compression.

Originally posted by Glasswalker

It's a Yamaha DSP AX620. I'll have a look in the manual for this Dynamic Range Compression.

On the Yamahas it should have the settings MIN, STD (Standard) & MAX or something similar.

The fast and the furious - one the most active dts tracks i've heard it never lets up awesome
Pitch black directors cut - great crash at the beginning
Titan A.E. - fairly poor movie but the sound is excellent
Battle royale - great film and nice dts (dvd is dirt cheap fom HK)
St johns wort - Nice creepy with a great dts track
Fulltime killer - Another great HK action flick with nice dts

I have sleepy hollow on DTS but no DTS on my amp so cant comment on how it sounds:(

Anyone else tried it?

Originally posted by karkus30
I have sleepy hollow on DTS but no DTS on my amp so cant comment on how it sounds:(

Anyone else tried it?

I only watched this film once and chose DTS, it sounded quite good but I can't compare to DD.

Originally posted by karkus30

Anyone else tried it?

Yes I have

Saving Private Ryan was great, but still wishing that Heat gets released here instead of poxy Italy and South Korea!

Originally posted by captaineyecatch
The fast and the furious - one the most active dts tracks i've heard it never lets up awesome
Pitch black directors cut - great crash at the beginning
Titan A.E. - fairly poor movie but the sound is excellent
Battle royale - great film and nice dts (dvd is dirt cheap fom HK)
St johns wort - Nice creepy with a great dts track
Fulltime killer - Another great HK action flick with nice dts

Just wanted to ask where you got battle royale from? HK?

Been hearing alot about Battle Royale, whats it like and whats a reliable place in HK where I can order it from?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom