Favorite DTS movies

Latman

Active Member
After watching T2 on my new system (Marantz 5200 + FS2AV) at the weekend, my wow factor went sky high and now I am willing to add more DTS sound enabled movies to my collection. Can anyone recommend few of their favorite movies which use DTS please?
 

Shirker

Standard Member
Gotta agree with mcmullanbrush, If you really want to hear things zippingh from one side of the room to the other, try Gladiator (opening scene)
 

LDR

Active Member
The Rock (collectors edition)
 
G

Glasswalker

Guest
Gladiator is the only one I've tried.

Unfortunately I've find the volume level change between the vocals and large explosions is too great. I turn the amp up to a decent level for vocals and then the explosions are too loud. My cinema is in my bedroom upstairs and my parents complain if it's too loud.
 

Drunken Master

Active Member
Daylight - Rubbish Film but great loud Bangs - Under-rated home cinema demo film IMO
Pitch Black - Just LOUD
 
M

Mr Z

Guest
Chicken Run BTTF and FATF, you can't beat a DTS soundtrack, all this hype that it is just increased levels is popycock, dolby labs have made a mess of things, if you can't hear the difference you must have inferior equipment.
 

Jase

Distinguished Member
Behind Enemy Lines isn´t bad either.:)
 

Jase

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Glasswalker
Gladiator is the only one I've tried.

Unfortunately I've find the volume level change between the vocals and large explosions is too great. I turn the amp up to a decent level for vocals and then the explosions are too loud. My cinema is in my bedroom upstairs and my parents complain if it's too loud.

Switch on the Dynamic Range Compression (might be called Midnight Mode, depends what amp/receiver you have).:)
 

kevb

Active Member
Not a big fan of DTS but Stargate is not bad The Fifth Element Superbit is very good.
 
G

Glasswalker

Guest
Originally posted by Jase


Switch on the Dynamic Range Compression (might be called Midnight Mode, depends what amp/receiver you have).:)

It's a Yamaha DSP AX620. I'll have a look in the manual for this Dynamic Range Compression.
 

Jase

Distinguished Member
Originally posted by Glasswalker


It's a Yamaha DSP AX620. I'll have a look in the manual for this Dynamic Range Compression.

On the Yamahas it should have the settings MIN, STD (Standard) & MAX or something similar.
 

Drunken Master

Active Member
forgot The Haunting again rubbish film but great sound.

Dances with Wolves is also cool.
 

captaineyecatch

Active Member
The fast and the furious - one the most active dts tracks i've heard it never lets up awesome
Pitch black directors cut - great crash at the beginning
Titan A.E. - fairly poor movie but the sound is excellent
Battle royale - great film and nice dts (dvd is dirt cheap fom HK)
St johns wort - Nice creepy with a great dts track
Fulltime killer - Another great HK action flick with nice dts
 

karkus30

Banned
I have sleepy hollow on DTS but no DTS on my amp so cant comment on how it sounds:(


Anyone else tried it?
 
W

wurzel

Guest
Originally posted by karkus30
I have sleepy hollow on DTS but no DTS on my amp so cant comment on how it sounds:(


Anyone else tried it?

Yes I have
 

dazgwinn

Active Member
Saving Private Ryan was great, but still wishing that Heat gets released here instead of poxy Italy and South Korea!
 

Geezer

Active Member
Originally posted by captaineyecatch
The fast and the furious - one the most active dts tracks i've heard it never lets up awesome
Pitch black directors cut - great crash at the beginning
Titan A.E. - fairly poor movie but the sound is excellent
Battle royale - great film and nice dts (dvd is dirt cheap fom HK)
St johns wort - Nice creepy with a great dts track
Fulltime killer - Another great HK action flick with nice dts


Just wanted to ask where you got battle royale from? HK?
 

Latman

Active Member
Been hearing alot about Battle Royale, whats it like and whats a reliable place in HK where I can order it from?
 

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Creative introduces Sound Blaster Katana V2 soundbar
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audeze introduces reference LCD-5 planar magnetic headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Chord Electronics launches Anni desktop amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku announces new Streaming Stick 4K and OS 10.5
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
T+A announces high end 200 Series audio components
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom