Faulty XS32 NO:2

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by dazzer123, Sep 22, 2004.

1. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I purchased a multiregion XS32 only to find two faults on the machine

Fault 1:
    A horizontal banding scrolling vertically up the screen when using component out effectively ruling out progressive scan.

Fault 2:
    Audio drop outs when playing original pressed discs in many instances the discs were brand new and first play the audio drop outs occurred from both the coaxial and optical out puts.

Received an rma no from Toshiba and the retailer replaced the unit which arrived minus the horizontal banding but with the same audio drop out problems.

Fed the player Star Wars episode 4 brand new disc to test the player again and through out the film it dropped the audio 12 times and on one instance the disc appeared to freeze.

Contacted the retailer and to say they were not amused is an under statement I have now had two faulty Toshiba XS32s and one faulty Toshiba Dr1 which exhibited picture breakup on all inputs scart and rf. The retailer has advised I go for a Panasonic E85 rather than risk another faulty Toshiba I am little upset as for the money the XS32 is the best specified machine there is and by going the Panasonic route I am going to lose the ilink for my camera and the possibility of recording to DVD-RW, I was wondering if the faults may be caused by the multi region upgrade any how I hope for better luck with the Panasonic.

What i found really strange though is that recoding and playback of material on all recordable format's is flawless just original discs that the machines appear to have trouble with.

2. eddyad

eddyad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Or you could get a Pioneer 520. It has DV input

3. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Yes this is true but i decided that progressive scan was much more important to me than ilink although i did want both but need progressive to supply to my projector.

4. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Dazzler where abouts on Episode 4

I have the 32 and episode 4

Have had no faults to date, but ill test that it can play episode4 for you

5. dazzer123

dazzer123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thank,s but it is not a problem with episode 4 i just used that as an example it is practically every original disc i put in the player as i say i wonder if the multi regionupgrade has anything to do with it.

6. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have mutiregion.

Have watched several prerecorded films, in fact prefer tosh to Sony 735. Only advantage of 735 is start up time.

3rd time lucky?

7. loreweb

loreweb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Someone knows if on tosh xs32 is it possible to record on dvd a program from antenna and simultaneously on hdd a program from AV2???
    I have two different input and two different media, so........

and the other question: I have a problem: when I finalize a DVD-RW recorded on xs32 in video mode for viewing it on a pc, it works well but I can later see it on the pc. the icon isn't DVD but USF.
    when I finalize a DVD-R in video mode it works well on the pc with the DVD icon.
    someone can explain me why it doesn't work?

thanks. ciao
    loreweb