Faulty Toshiba TV

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Ricky27, Apr 22, 2002.

1. Ricky27

Ricky27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Hi,i have had my Toshiba 3387DB for just 3 months now and last night it went off on its own but the red led stayed on and the green led started flashing,anyone know whats wrong,have i done something wrong?

2. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if it's the same problem as the RP sets have had. Same symptoms i.e. red standby light on but no response from set or remote. If so, it's the teletext card which develops dry joints. Engineer will need to remove the card and get it resoldered. Can still use the TV without the card (it fixes the problem when removed) just no teletext. Then engineer can refit the card. Call your retailer to get an engineer out. Good luck.

3. aqureshi

aqureshi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

My original TV 36zP18(bought 3 months ago) was replaced with the same model as the original developed a fault. the replacement was working OK until this morning when I tried to switch it on. It didn't respond and died completely. I will give a call to JL tomorrow and see what they say. I wasn't expecting 2 TVs to develop fault with in few days.

Cheers

Asad