Faulty Sub

simonb3665

Hi, I have a fault on my Sub and not sure what to do with it. The fault is that it constantly beats, like a heartbeat. Now sometimes you can turn it on and there is no sound but sometimes it is there straight away. It does work but beating makes it unusable. It still happens with no source connected and I have tried a different mains cable. It had been left unused for some time before the fault.
Not sure if this is fatal or its worth trying to get repaired.
If anyone has any suggestions or maybe could recommend someone who may be able to do a basic check around the Cheshire/Stoke-on-Trent area I would be extremely grateful.

Ringnut

Distinguished Member
Probably a capacitor or similar. Try contacting Genserve on 01793 886 333. It would be best if you can just send them the amplifier though and not the whole sub...! ;)

simonb3665

thanks for the reply, contacted them and they don't sound keen to look at it as they have no experience of the brand. Its a Sunfire which doesn't seem to have much support outside of the states. I will see what sunfires customer services say if they ever get back to me (its been a week) but suspect I will not get far.
I am tempted to buy an external amp to see how that would sound but would have to be a budget one and I am not sure how well it will work. Maybe interesting to play around if get the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom