Faulty Sony HT-SF1300

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by PKM999, Feb 12, 2009.

1. PKM999

PKM999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can you give me your thoughts on this:

I have a HT-SF1300 which I bought from Amazon in about October, the remote is not working and Amazon have offered a full refund - I really want this system though and nobody seems to have them in stock - they have offered me 10% back to go and buy a remote - but what if it's the receiver thats at fault? I have tested the remote with a camera and it is omitting the light.

Do I take a gamble on a remote or cut my losses and get my money back - It took me ages to find a system that ticked all my boxes and for me to persuade the Mrs to have "the great ugly contraption" in the living room.

Any ideas?:lease:

2. PKM999

PKM999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone have any experience of repairs - what are the % chances of the remote being faulty against the chances of it being the unit bearing in mind it is flashing the infra red beam?

Posts elsewhere about it's discontinued status tell me I'm not going to get a replacement but I really don't want to send it back

Cheers

3. spile

spile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    It's not discontinued!

4. PKM999

PKM999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I took the gamble and ordered myself a new remote........it doesn't bloody work!!!!!!...........I will now have to send the system back and start looking for a new system again - what else is out there that doesn't have a DVD player, tall speakers front & back, and is basically exactly the same as this system - don't know if I can bring myself to buy from ebay when I've had one go faulty already.