1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty Sony 36" 36FQ80E

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Isidro_Jose, Dec 14, 2002.

1. Isidro_Jose

Isidro_Jose
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received a SONY 36FQ80E last thuesday, I found several faults

1) There tube is multicolor the right corner is blue the left corner is green the central area is ok
    2) The sets buzz nearly as a computer, .
    3) The Tunner is worse then my previus TV/Video from 82.

I ask for a reject this model 4300 Euros ( 2700 pounds) and an ingenier of sony is coming on monday to my home,

I don't want a replacement from Sony.

I think that Sony puts very good tuning sets in show rooms but when you buy one they send you very poor sets. That's my. opinion.

2. cdave

cdave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    With faults like that I would make sure you do not accept them trying to put it right. Send it back and get your cash back. I really do not understand what Sony are up to. It is unbelievable how they are managing to send out sets that are in some way faulted and people are expected to put up with them. There seems to be problems with contrast on movie mode in that is set wrong, regular complaints re noises and the rest. It seems to be boiling down more and more to the fact you need to be really lucky with with their sets to get one that suits the viewer. I have had one go back, another about to go back and on top of that my dad's multipuprose propcessor card or something meant his wega needed repairing also at the depot. I really liked the look of my last Sony and I think their strength lies in the build quality of cabinets etc. Unfortunately it does not seem to carry through inside the sets. They must be cutting corners.