1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty Smallville DVD (R2)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Ian182, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Got the Smallville boxset from Amazon, for the bargain price of £24.99 :smashin:
    First disk was fine, but the second disk is not happy at all ; picture breaks up every few seconds on the first 2 episodes, and the remaining 2 episodes won't play at all ! :(

Anybody else encountered a similar problem ?

For info, I'm using an (almost) new Pioneer 565.

Also, does anyone know Amazons policy on returns ? Will I need to return the whole boxset or just the faulty disk ?

Ian.

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,945
    Our "no quibbles" guarantee means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, you can return it to us in its original condition within 30 days of the date you received the item, unopened (with any seals and shrink wrap intact) and we will issue a full refund for the price you paid for the item. Please note: we can only accept the return of opened items if they are faulty.

That is from the Amazon website so if they are faulty there should be no problem sending them back.

3. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Fair play to Amazon !

They're shipping me a replacement boxset immediately, and have given me a freepost address to send the faulty boxset back to. You can't really ask for any more than that.........

4. mykl1971

mykl1971
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've never quite understood how you can return an item with its shrink wrap intact if you have to remove the shrink wrap to play the disc to find out it's wonky :confused:

5. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,945
    I think they mean that you can return it for a refund only if it is still sealed, if you open it and there is nothing wrong with it you cant get a refund, makes sense to me.