1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty Sky Box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by steve k, Jul 13, 2001.

1. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Sky service guy came yesterday to fix my sky box.

He checked it out and decided to give me a new box.

This stopped the thing frezzing up on me but didnot solve the problem of the telly swiching over when u press the interactive button on the hand set, he said he hadn't come across this before he didn't fix the problem left it as it was? :rolleyes:

Decided to try somethink out my self and borrowed a hand set from my nabbour and of course that is what the problem was the hand set was faulty :D

Still can't understand y the service engineer didn't leave the new hand set when he changed the box lucky for me my nabour swapped my faulty hand set with a spear one he had and have had no trouble at the moment :)

2. steve k

steve k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If anyone is having the same probs let me know.
    Now I now what whats happened to mine.

Still think Sky service is a bag of Sh*t :mad:

3. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i got a new box of sky to rplace a faulty one over a year ago .

they left the box and did'nt give me the new remote . i had to persade the sky guy to swap for the old one

in my opinion the remotes are a bit crap. i persuaded him to spot mine as i was having a few probs with it freezing up so you had to take out the batterys and put em back in for it to work.

the remote i have has now become faulty (the right button no longer works . i have a remote in another room and that is doing the same as the remote i had changed was doing (freezing up so you have to take out and put back the batterys :( :(

they apear a lot tougher than they are