• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Faulty Sky Box?

Highgord

Established Member
My son has a Sony Bravia KDL W4500 television and is having trouble with loss of picture via HDMI from his Sky box. This happens without warning and moving the cable sometimes returns the signal and sometime not. Switching the tv on and off sometimes returns the signal and moving the HDMI cable to one of the other connections results in a poor picture. Before he contacts his tv supplier to complain about his Sony tv, has anyone else had a similar problem with their Sky box? The box is a Pace. Any ideas?

kevmarshall

Established Member
From what you have said I would try another HDMI cable first.

leemo1234

Established Member
I have Just Started to have a similar problem with my Thomson Box on my LG LCD TV. Whilst watching something in the planner or via anytime the signal via HDMI goes missing and the screen saver comes onto the screen. Invariably at the same time what I am watching pauses its self on the box. The problem is solved by moving away from the HDMI input and back again on the TV and the picture returns (or by unplugging the HDMI lead and putting it back in). I have changed the HDMI lead and also the used an alternative HDMI input on the TV and the issue remains so I am farily satisfied that the problem rests with the sky HD box. This has only been happening since Sunday evening. Anyone else had simialr problem and better still a solution?:lease:

t-roten

Established Member
This has been discussed on this forum before. Search for BBC HDMI Handshake issues. The different threads are linked to each other from this one.

I have spoken to SKY, but not very helpful. They take you through normal routine for resetting everything on the box (rebuild etc) and then blame the TV.

I also now believe there is a very similar/related issue with the HDMI from the Sky HD box where it "comes alive" even when the box is off (standby), and that this is another symptom of a poor HDMI implementation in the box

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom