Faulty Shelly 1L?

johndon

A month of so ago, I installed my first Shelly 1L and, after a rather protracted install, I got it working with the app and Google Home and all appeared to be well.

However, since then, I've had the same issue a couple of times and, tonight, it has got worse. The issue is that the lights will suddenly dim to around 50% (the switch they are connected to is a simple on/off, not a dimmer), they will no longer respond to the switch and the Shelly app tells me that the device is offline.

I cut the power to the lights at the consumer unit then switch back on. With the light switch still in the off position, the lights come back on again at around 50% and won't respond to the switch. On tonight's instance of the issue, I've turned the power on and off three times and still the lights come back on at 50%.

This is currently the only Shelly module I have installed so I'm assuming the issue has to be with that but I don't know what to try next since a reboot is having no effect...

John

johndon

Thinking about this, when I first bought the module, I didn't realise that the bypass was needed and, on installation, the lights were on but were very dim, no where near as bright as they are now with the bypass installed...

Even without the bypass, the lights could be turned to full brightness by turning the switch on - that isn't happening now either.

Last edited:

johndon

Having seen this thread:

I did also notice some flicker on my set up - I'm wondering if, rather than the 1L being the problem, could it be the bypass instead...

John

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom