• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Faulty Samsung PS50c7000 black horizontal line 20 months old

Dch79

Novice Member
I am looking for a little advice and help from fellow forum members about my faulty samsung 3d plasma tv that's only 22 months old.
In the last few days a thin black horizontal line has developed about 3 inches from the top of the screen and has been switching itself on and off intermittently.
I contacted both Samsung and Amazon (where I purchased it from) and neither is being of much help to me. Basically Samsung require me to have it looked at by an authorised repairer which is approx 35 miles away from my house at a cost of £175! Once it has been looked at they will decide whether they will contribute anything to the repair costs.
On the other hand and after taking advice from my local consumer advice centre I've sent Amazon countless emails quoting both the sale of goods act and the eu European directive but they are being very unreasonable. I am told that under both these laws I have entitlement to claim for damages or repairs for an item that has not lasted for a reasonable time. We paid £1227.28 for the tv and Amazon are offering us as a goodwill gesture a gift certificate to the value of £240 or a cash refund of £180 as full and final settlement. In my opinion this could be them taking some form of responsibility for the fault and trying to retain good customer service. But £180 isn't going to fix my 22 month tv and there is a chance I could be left out of pocket with the repair bill.
Amazon have advised me that they will not respond to anymore of my emails and that this is the final offer.
Does anyone have any similar problems with either amazon or this make of tv that could assist me. Should I take the risk and pay the fee to take them to court or should I continue to pester and pursue amazon in the hope they might buckle and up their offer.
Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom