• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Faulty Samsung Plasma TV. Advance electronic skills anyone?

fiomaravilha

Standard Member
Hello I am new in the forum and I have some problems with this PS42Q96HD. I will show you:
here you see the faulty menu:
faultymenu.jpg

In the DTV mode the menu looks great:
noproblem.jpg

here you can more or less see the pixely pattern:
problem.jpg

The problem is that everything that comes through the HDMI, the PC or an external connection has a horizontal pixely pattern across the screen. In the PC mode it is just two fingers in the bottom. In the HDMI is more than half screen from the bottom and in the external connexions is most of the screen. You can see (more or less) an example of the pattern in the blue picture. In those modes the menu is almost blurred with different patterns also, as you can see. However in the DTV mode the picture is great and you can see the menu or the telly perfectly, just having a two fingers horizontal distortion while changing channels. I have some knowledge about electronics and I am able to change the faulty board. I have already opened the telly and it is pretty simple inside. The DTV mode looks great so I assume there is no problem whatsoever in any of the image drive boards and the problem has to do with the inputs board. I figure the problem might come from the board LJ41-04461A, which seems like the one that manages the inputs (35£ on ebay). Do I am guessing right here? Anyone with advanced technical knowledge?

Thanks guys.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom