Faulty PS3

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Moomz, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moomz

Moomz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    My PS3 has been sitting in a box for past 4 months as I'd bought it from abroad and the blu-ray drive went on it. Sony refused to touch it so I was preparing to fork out £150 to get new drive installed.

Then I came across an ad on ebay where a guy was claiming to swap broken ps3 for new one and was charging £29.99. I looked at his feedbcak and there were a few customers who seemed to be happy enough with his service so I took the plunge. He said he would send it the next day, but then emailed me and told me he couldn't for another 3 days. I thought I wouldn't get it but sure enough, this morning a guy from parcelforce took away my old one and gave me a new one. I hooked it up and it is running like a dream!! To top it off, mine was a 40gb NTSC and he has given me a 60GB Pal version.

I'm still trying to find the catch, which is why I have posted on here... Any ideas?

2. mclean007

mclean007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    My guess is he is an insider working for a distributor - he switches your faulty unit for a brand new one and pockets your £30. Then, when someone buys the faulty one thinking it's new, the buyer returns it as faulty and gets a new one himself and no-one is any the wiser.

Best not to think too hard about the legality - just be pleased you've scored a bargain!!

3. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    Is this guy possibly refurbing them? Is the unit you received brand new? does it appear to have been opened at all?

4. Pincho Paxton

Pincho Paxton
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +635
    Yeah that sounds right.

5. Moogle

Moogle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,398
    Due to the suspicious nature and possible illegalities and ethical issues regarding this discussion I'm going to close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.