1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Faulty Philips 9618

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by THE BOARS, Jul 26, 2005.

1. THE BOARS

THE BOARS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    Please Can Someone Help Bought An Philips 9618 32 Inch Tv 5 Days Ago It Seems Like The Black But More The Brown Is More Red Than Brown/black Ive Tried To Explain This To The Shop But The Said This Is Normal Now I Tried Deadwood On Dvd And Whenever Its In The Saloon Or At Night Its Virtually All Red Is This Whats Called Bleeding From The Set In My View There Is No Way This Is Normal Can I Get Your Views Please

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    There can be a small issue of letting the TV settle down but it is unusual.
    Do you switch the TV off using the main switch or do you leave it in standby?
    Nigel

3. THE BOARS

THE BOARS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    i have left it on stanby for about 4 days now [it was on show in the shop for a while] i also have panny plasma so the breaking in process is familer but this is strange ,even when there is a break on the tv [when the screen is black ] its more of a red black instead of just black

4. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    The is a problem caused by the build up of magnetic/impurities which is cleared by the use of the main switch(degausing), leaving it in standby/speakers nearby will make the problem worse.
    I am not saying this is what is wrong with your TV but it is a little similar, difficult without seeing the picture.
    Nigel

5. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    First of all always post the FULL Model no. All Philips TV model nos begin with 2 numbers (in your case 32) followed by 2 letters and then 4 numbers (in your case 9618). It is the letters in combination with the other two which identify the chassis used in a particular model and are absolutely necessary to give if you want help. :lesson:
    Was the set brand new? or used/secondhand?
    It sounds by your reported symptoms as though the greyscale is off and it may be a hardware fault or just needing an adjustment in the service menu by someone who knows what they're doing.......it has nothing to do with "settling in" or degaussing.
    With the set displaying a picture.....if you go in to the picture menu and turn the colour down to zero......the picture should be monochrome (black and white) with no particular coloured tint to it...if the whole picture looks browny or red the greyscale is off.

6. THE BOARS

THE BOARS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    the set was bought new but from the shop floor so i take it was on show for a while and i tried with the colour down it looks red certainly not black

7. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,914
    Well there's definately a fault with it..........call them and complain.
    Good luck.

8. THE BOARS

THE BOARS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +79
    well it came back today from the repair shop absolutly no different they said it was the grey scaling but its just the same