Faulty Onkyo TX-SR605 - No Sound

BeingOriginal

Novice Member
I've just collected a Onkyo TX-SR605 from the classifieds here but it has no sound output, tried all the usual suspects like a reset and all the config options.

Has anyone had any luck with simple repairs? I know there are a few known issues with Onkyo amps of this vintage.

nenito2k

well its clear : the device is KAPUT ; and on top of that its an onkyo...everyone knows those are to be avoided

BeingOriginal

Novice Member
well its clear : the device is KAPUT ; and on top of that its an onkyo...everyone knows those are to be avoided
Thanks, this was my suspicion, I'd seen some videos of the DTS chip being re soldered etc so was hopeful of a quick fix to save binning it.

falconhrs

Novice Member
Hi there
This Onkyo series and Related to the same category has a ....t HDMI board , manufactured with less Quality. and if you update the device in anyway by USB or by Ethernet it will be totally BRICKED.
No sound at all and some models no video output.
I have several models and I am trying to find a solution, though it is very hard to resolve.
The Manufacturer of the chips and boards are not helpful at all. they want to sell the board and earn money or buy a new Device.
Best of luck to all

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom