Faulty MS309 should I get the same or different?

Chrper

Standard Member
Good evening

I have a faulty MS 309 see daio thread MS 309 Problem,

Anyway the question is this, do I take it back to RS and get a replacment or do I get a different SUB.

I am dissapointed that this has happened after only 2 weeks and although the rest of my setup is MS I dont feel comfortable getting anohter 309 in case the problem starts again.

The 309 has 2 channel inputs ( L & R ) but my amp only has 1 sub output. The 309 manual says in these circumstances to connect to the L input which is how it is setup. Could this be part of the problem?? ie no voltage on the R input hence it will not switch itself on when left in standby??

Anyway

Is there an alternative in the same pricebracket that is no bigger ( in fact the wife would prefer a "smaller box in her lounge").

Help/advice most greatly recieved

Thanks

Chris

Beobloke

Chris,

The L/R input sockets won't be part of the problem. The left and right channels are summed together in the first stage of the preamplifier and then passed onto the power amplifier - the on/off sensing circuit does not recieve twice the signal voltage if you connect both inputs.

Adam.

PJTX100

Distinguished Member
I think the BKXLS200 meets your dimensions requirement!
...PJ

Dfour

It does look like the only option to please the WAF is the little bk xls200 www.bkelec.com

Shame about the 309, its a lovely sub :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom