faulty humax foxsat HDR lost recordings

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by wildebadger, Jan 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. wildebadger

wildebadger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's my first time, so please be gentle! i've used the site for much useful information in the past - however i can't seem to find anyone else with a similar issue to my current predicament. I have had a foxsat HDR for 18 months now and all was fine until 2 months ago when the system appeared to 'freeze' on the media menu - in the end my only option was to re-boot by turning off and back on again. As a result i lost all of my previous recordings, whilst not happy it seemed to be back to normal. a few weeks went by when again we experienced some random freezing of the menu's. I got in touch with HUMAX support via e-mail who guided me through a reset. More recently i've continued to have problems including losing some of the recorded kids programmes over the festive period = long faces! tonight i've noticed some unwatched recordings have dropped off and with only about 14hrs of SD recordings it's stating i've used 76% of the memory! HUMAX have sent me a warranty form to complete but i am loath to be without a PVR for a week with a young family (and don't want to go back to Sky..) - any ideas would be most welcome - thanks for your time.

2. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +453
    Hi

It sounds faulty, if you've done a reset there is nothing else you can do. Time to get in touch with Humax and get it swapped under warranty. These things happen.

Regards

Phil

3. wildebadger

wildebadger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks Phil for the prompt response - much appreciated.