Faulty DVD`s

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by scaniaman, May 13, 2001.

1. scaniaman

scaniaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Why do dvd`s sometimes stop or the pixels become BLOCKEY(large black squares on screen). Is this caused by dirt on the disc and if so whats the best way to clean a disc.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Scaniaman,

(What a name!)

Pixellation-issue, digital artifacting, or blocks are normally caused by one of three things:

a) dirt on the disc or the lense, that stops the DVD player reading the singal 100% accurately

b) a crummy encoding of the film, with which the fault lies with the company producing the DVD, so there's nowt you can do, apart from kick yourself for paying hard-earned moolah, for junk!

c) a slim possibility that the connections between your DVD player and TV or PC monitor being damaged, however this is rare.

Normally, it's a) or b). Hoe that helps, a little bit.

Pooch

3. mysteriousjimmy

mysteriousjimmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had that problem with my copy of Titan AE I purchased from ABSound. Sent them a email and they said they would refund my money, which they did. The reason they wanted to refund was because of so many problems with Titan AE disc's.

[ 15-05-2001: Message edited by: mysteriousjimmy ]