Faulty Digibox???

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by GaryA, Mar 15, 2002.

1. GaryA

GaryA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a problem when watching Sky Tv using Scart leads. I am getting faint black vertical lines moving left to right across the screen. This does not happen when watching using RF leads.

I am using the Maplins Home Cinema scarts (£14.99). My scart lead does not fit properly in the digibox, it sticks out about 1/8 of an inch.

Do I need better scarts or is it the digibox scart socket causing this?

Thanks

Gary

2. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    It may be that the problem was always present, but you only notice it now due to the increased quality of the RGB image.

If not, then it sounds like it would be worth trying a better made SCART lead anyway. It should fit perfectly. If it's dimensions are not within tolerance it might not be properly screened either.

Lastly, it could be the TV. There's been a thread in the TVs forum about on ongoing problem of this type with certain models of Sony TVs. If you try a different lead/sources and get the same problem across all leads and sources, it's more than likely the telly.

Hope this is of some help.

3. GaryA

GaryA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

I have a Toshiba 32Z17B TV. I have no picture problems while watching DVD's which lead me to believe it is not the TV.

I might try better SCART leads. Any suggestions?

Gary

4. lechacal

lechacal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Well, I use Ixos which I don't have any problems with, but they are pricey and some would argue that you don't need to spend that much to get decent cables. To be honest £15 should buy you a decent enough cable, but from past experience I don't have much faith in Maplin's stuff.

What signal/cable are you using for your DVD player? Is it chained through the digibox?

When you say you see vertical lines, do you mean coloued bands moving across the screen, or clearly visible lines?

5. GaryA

GaryA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use component video to my DVD player (Tosh 210E).

Sorry for the vague description. They are bars about 1/2 inch wide moving left to right and slightly angled from bottom to top.

Gary