• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Faulty Denon X3700H?

bodiuk

Novice Member
Hello all

I've recently purchased a Denon X3700H. It's a fantastic unit, powering a set of Q Acoustic speakers. However, it seems to have a fault. Here are the setup details:

* Denon X3700H
- connected via HDMI to an Amazon FireTV 2nd gen device (I think) - audio configured to output over HMDI
- old Bluray device connected via HDMI - audio configured to output over HDMI
- HEOS setup on the device itself

Scenario: devices are left for a while (undetermined amount of time) and we then come back to it. Pressing home on the Amazon Fire device and then starting a video. No sound is output to the Denon. Furthermore, the Denon's info display shows 'unknown device' rather than PCM as expected. Interestingly, even HEOS produces no sound which implies an issue with the Denon rather than any connection. It should be said that switching the Denon off and then on again causes it to work perfectly. The sound is fantastic when it is working.

Things already tried:
* input assignments on the Denon: they are correct
* HMDI cables: new ones purchased but the same problem with new and old
* checked audio output settings on the various devices
* all systems are updated to the latest firmware

I'm scratching my head over this one. Does anyone have any ideas? Obviously this is covered by warranty still but if it can be fixed easily enough then it'll save being without it for a while.

Thank you.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom