Faulty Controller? Resistance Don't Tilt!

deadfolk

Standard Member
Hi all,

Playing with my luvverly new PS3, but I'm a bit worried.

I read in a review somewhere that Resistance uses tilt controls - specifically, if you tilt left, it brings up a map (mine's the Jap version, so I can't check the manual). Well, guess what? That's right...nothing happens when I try it. Can someone else who's played the game shed any light on the tilt controls? I'm worried my controller might be knackered.

Ps. there is an option in the controls menu to enable/disable tilt. Obviously, I have it enabled.

Thanks,

DF

Go_Deano

Novice Member
Hi all,

Playing with my luvverly new PS3, but I'm a bit worried.

I read in a review somewhere that Resistance uses tilt controls - specifically, if you tilt left, it brings up a map (mine's the Jap version, so I can't check the manual). Well, guess what? That's right...nothing happens when I try it. Can someone else who's played the game shed any light on the tilt controls? I'm worried my controller might be knackered.

Ps. there is an option in the controls menu to enable/disable tilt. Obviously, I have it enabled.

Thanks,

DF
Hi

I believe the tilt function works in these circumstances.

If you are on fire or have been grabbeed by a zombie lookin face hugger you can shake it off.

You can bring up the map tilting left but ONLY online.

Thats about it i think

deadfolk

Standard Member
Sweet - that makes me feel a little better. I'll try it in multiplayer tonight when I get home. I haven't gotten as far as facehuggers yet or been set alight.

Thanks. :)

deadfolk

Standard Member
Thanks - I've now had it working in Resistance (Multiplayer) although it didn't work at first. I had to shake the controller a few times to loosen it up. Maybe that's just my imagination.:rolleyes:

I didn't know the Motorstorm demo used tilt. Definiately going to give that a shot.

Dazzyman

Novice Member
Dont get disheartened with the single player game either. Its average until you get to manchester then its jaw dropping.

If you bought a japanese machine there is a way to get the uncut version as well with a USA save file

Ok what I did was copy my old save onto the PSP (not the big cache file the one under games) then copied that to my PC and saved it. I then copied the new file to PSP and then imported that on the PS3 (it finds it in game save and you click I think triangle to import IT WILL NOT do this if you havent deleted your PS3 save before hand).

You can also create two login accounts and have one with your original japanese save and one with the new one. When you use this save you just start a new game anytime and its embedded :rockon:

From GAF

File sharing for the PS3
PS3 Direction

1. Make sure you have inserted your USB 2.0 flash drive
2. On the cross media bar (XMB) go to the “GAME” section
3. In game menu select “Saved Data Utility”
4. Scroll to your roster save and press triangle a sub menu pops up
5. In the sub menu select “Copy”
6. Select destination window pops up, highlight your flash drive and press “X.

Your rosters are now saved on your flash drive. The PS3 will create a PS3 folder for you, keep this folder for future transactions, it looks like this on your PC. F:\PS3\SAVEDATA\BLUS30014-ROSTERS the drive letter will change depended upon your set up. Your PC will recognize it as a removable drive. The rosters are in the SAVEDATA folder; this is where you will retrieve your rosters. The roster file has 4 files within the folder, they are as follows: IN THE BLUS30014-ROSTERS

1. HED-DATA 8bytes
2. PARAM.PFD 32KB
3. PARAM.SFO 2.67KB
4. USR-DATA 480KB

PC DIRECTIONS

1. Insert your flash drive in available USB slot.
2. Dbl click on “MY COMPUTER”
3. Dbl click on removable F: drive (remember depended upon set up drive letter changes)
4. Dbl click on PS3
5. Dbl click on SAVEDATA
6. Drag and drop roster file on your desktop.
7. Open your email and select new mail and chose that you are sending it too.
8. Attach each file individually. The ones up above. I’m assuming you guys know how to do this already, attach files I mean.
9. Once you receive the email, save the attachments into your “SAVEDATA” folder on your flash drive. Again don’t delete the Folder the PS3 creates for you on the flash drive.

Now unplug your removable drive, insert the flash drive in your PS3.

1. Go to the “GAME” menu
2. Select “Save Data Utility”
3. Highlight your USB Flash Drive
4. Press “X”
5. Press Triangle sub-menu pops up and then you select copy. Your files are now loaded onto your PS3

You can also Winzipp the files and attach them to the thread."

USA FILE NEEDED...

http://rapidshare.com/files/6045181/BCJS30...ROFILE.ZIP.html