Faulty Colour on Beko 28" CRT

L

L33

The colour on my Beko CRT has gone all purple/green as you can see from the photo below. I've tried changing the settings etc but makes no differance. Anyone know if this is fixable and what the likely cost would be? TV is 2 years old.

Thanks

GGTVBD

Simple, on site job for a decent engineer.

It's the degaussing thermistor. Sometimes referred to as a positor. Retail cost under a tenner.

Takes about 15 minutes to do the job, so a call out charge and minimum labour charge, whatever the going rate is where you are. :)

L

L33

Thanks, I will phone someone up today to come and have a look at it. :thumbsup:

red16v

Novice Member
Thanks, I will phone someone up today to come and have a look at it. :thumbsup:
I'd be interested to hear what they say. The very pale halos (or rings) at the extreme edge of the picture, would indicate to me that it would not be a degaussing problem - more likely an crt fault. Do let us know.

L

L33

I'd be interested to hear what they say. The very pale halos (or rings) at the extreme edge of the picture, would indicate to me that it would not be a degaussing problem - more likely an crt fault. Do let us know.
I phoned someone I found in the local paper who said it would be £65 to fix and that he could do it in the home. He didn't come to look at the TV before giving me the price. He just went off what I described to him over the phone. Needless to say I declined his offer.

I will phone around a few more TV engineers for quotes before I get it fixed as I'm in no rush to get it fixed as I have bought a new TV to replace it but would still like to keep this TV for another room if it is a cheap fix.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom