Faulty Cambridge Audio Azur 640C Cd player - help/advice needed

SJFC170514

Novice Member
I was recently given a Cambridge Azur 640C cd player that has been sitting in storage for several years. The player powers on, reads the cd's and appears to play them, but i get no sound from either the analogue or digital outputs. I opened it up and noticed some damage to the board that has the outputs (not sure what the proper name for this is!) - see attached image.
Is this likely to be the cause of the fault? Anyone know where i could source a replacement board?

Attachments

• PXL_20210506_164647523.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210506_164647523.MP.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 42

wine man

Why not take it to Richers for a repair estimate - that's where it would have come from originally.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
I don’t think RS do repairs...?

Not sure though.

At a first glance, it looks like a burnt out cap.

And a lot of corrosion around almost all of the resister joints.

Not sure what would have caused that (possibly storage in a damp place?), but I’d say a different cd player is the answer.

SJFC170514

Novice Member
OK, thanks - just wanted to see if it would be an easy repair. My nearest Richer Sounds is 60 miles away, and i don't imagine they would repair it since it's probably about 15 years old.
Will maybe stick it on eBay for spares/repair and see if anyone wants it.

simon194

I don’t think RS do repairs...?

Not sure though.

At a first glance, it looks like a burnt out cap.

And a lot of corrosion around almost all of the resister joints.

Not sure what would have caused that (possibly storage in a damp place?), but I’d say a different cd player is the answer.
That corrosion could be from electrolyte leaking out of the capacitor.

password1

Richersounds do repairs but they charge an amount for inspection and extra if it costs them extra. That was atl least 2 years ago though..

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom