Faulty Box (Again)

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by BritanniaJaf, May 2, 2005.

1. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Just wondering if i am the unluckiest guy on the planet with Sky+. Superb package when it works. Got installed at end of January and since then reckon i have had 6 engineers out to my house with various problems. The latest saga was this saturday when "new" box arrived at 12pm. As usual when tested with the "engineer" everything works fine. Engineer left at 12.15 and and at 2pm started recording channel 4 racing and there the problems started. Picture started jumping as soon as i started recording the racing. All other channels worked fine but just affecteding the recorded channel.Rebooted etc and seemed to work fine. Came home last night and same problem back all recording where jumping. Got up this morning and formatted the HD etc but still no joy. Went off my head with sky and best i could get was an engineer on the 21st as this was the first available time for an engineer to visit. Can anybody help with these never ending problems.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Your box isn't being disturbed by being moved whilst switched on, is it ? A quick way to kill the hard disk is to jolt the box when the power cable is connected.

3. BritanniaJaf

BritanniaJaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    Got it sitting in a cabinet Nick so just basically turning the power off at the mains and not touching the plus box

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I thought I'd just mention it, just in case you had kids in the house, or an enthusiastic person who does the dusting :)